Chapter 12

Space academy

Nandini: Sorry sir I won't repeat this mistake next time.

I apologised sincerely as it was my mistake. He had kept faith in me and gave me the opportunity to perform at the seminar but I ditched it.

Currently I was in principal's cabin as
i was summoned by the principal because I had bunked the seminar. Guruji who was conducting workshop at delhi had important part in establishment of space academy. He had come to look at the progress and achievements of the academy. I had to perform at the seminar. As I was unavailable someone had to fill in my place at the last minute. Principal was visibly upset about it as I had let down the reputation of the academy.

If I was the 'NANDINI' who came to mumbai then I would have cried buckets, but now it doesn't matter at all.

Principal: Next time this type of negligence will not be accepted nandini. I'm leaving you this time if this repeats then you have to face the consequences.

He adjusted his spectacles which was drooping from time to time.

Nandini: Ok sir.

Principal: Take this envelope..this contains tickets and information booklet.

He handed me the envelope which was kept in the drawer.I took it came out of the cabin.

My phone pinged.

I took it out to check if it was message from manik, but it was some stupid customer care message.

Hi, due to your low balance,Vodafone TV free trial pack could not be activated. We will especially hold your request & start the service if you recharge within 7 days .For songs dial 1234(Tollfree)

I am sure in this whole world no one can care as much as these telephonic companies do.

Manik had not replied to my messages since morning. He wanted to drop me to college but at the nick of time aryaman came out of nowhere and offered to drop me college and I couldn't refuse.This had led to a tiff between me and manik. I had sent him 27 apology messages and called him at least 15 times but neither he replied nor he called me back.

Aaiyapaa why is he a such a monster?!

It was almost end of the college hours, so I planned to go to manik's house. I hurriedly made my way towards the main gate but I spotted aryaman who came searching for me. Aryaman finding me is not a good idea so I quickly entered an empty classroom and hid behind the door. I kept an eye on him till he crossed the corridor, through the glass opening of the door. The opening was high enough for me, but I somehow managed to keep an eye on him. As soon as he took the turn, i ran towards the exit.

I was waiting for the taxi when I saw manik's car parked on the opposite lane. I couldn't see him as window glass was tainted. I crossed the road and went near the car to see manik leaning on driver seat with his eyes closed. I knocked on his side window. He was startled at first but when he saw me he sighed in relief. He opened the passenger door signalling me to get in.

Nandini: Manik tum yaha kya karaheho? Kuch hua hai kya?

He looked clearly disturbed. His eyes were red, may be he cried. Not even once he made eye contact with me. He took out his phone to check for any notification, finding none he slipped it back in his pocket. Here I thought I would find him in monster avtar but it was completely opposite.