Chapter 7

"MISSING someone is a part of LOVING them, if you are never apart, you'll never know how STRONG your love really is.. "
--------------------------------------------------

Golden towers-Manik's flat

Nandini: Kaun Maya?

Manik: Maya ke bareme batane keliye.......meri family history batani padegi tumhe.

He turned around and made his way towards me.He had sober look on his face.

Nandini: Toh batau na..

I asked him impatiently.

Manik: So much of desperation nandini.

I made space for him as he sat beside me cocooning me in his arms.

Nandini: Manik!! Please...

I was eagerly waiting to know who she was but he was in the mood of teasing.

Manik: You really.......like really want to know about her?

Nandini: Yes!!

I answered him quickly nodding my head.

Manik: Toh thike.... instead of telling about her I will directly introduce her to you...What say?

He rubbed his hand showing all the zeal and excitement he had, with a sudden grin which appeared across his face.

Nandini: What!! You....you will introduce her to me....But how? Woh yaha par hai kya?

I was literally suprised and even shocked when he said he will introduce her that too directly. I thought she was around and searched for her.

Manik: Nandini woh yaha nahi hai...she is not here

He said shaking his head as he saw me searching for her.

Nandini: Toh kaha hai?

Manik: Chalo I will show you.

He held my hand suddenly and dragged me with him without even answering my question.
_______________________________________

Uff aiyaapaa why is he creating so much of suspense!!

He dragged me all along the way to her flat which was two to three floors down. He never left my hand from the time he had held it. He was very excited to introduce her to me. He had described about her a little while coming except the fact who was she to him. I could see that she meant a lot to him, from the way he was describing her.

We reached her flat in no time. He rang the bell and a house maid opened the door. Seeing Manik there she warmly welcomed us. I could guess that manik was a regular visitor here. He said the maid to inform Maya that he is here. Then we settled in the living room. This flat was similar to manik's, in terms of decorations too.

It was almost 15 minutes since the maid had gone but there was no sign of maya. I turned towards manik to ask about her but he was busy in reading the newspaper and sipping the tea from the cup, which was served few minutes ago.

I nudged him to get his attention.

Manik: Hmmm.....what?

Nandini: Why did you bring me here?