Opps

As I was walking through the front gates I saw a teacher standing there checking everyone’s uniforms, I groaned knowing that I would get in trouble.

“George Wonders where is your uniform?” the teacher said

“Sir I have gone through a growth spurt and they don’t fit me anymore” I explained. He sighed, “Have you got any money to buy a new shirt?” i groaned again.

“No sir I haven’t I need to find my dad”

“Well go find him and get a new shirt” he said, suddenly the bell went.

“But-“

“No buts, you will just have to be late for your first class” I groaned again and walked away. I decided to get signed off in homeroom and then find dad, so I walked in and saw my teacher marking the names off on the role.

“George wonders?”

“Yeah I’m here Mrs” she looked up.

“Your uniform Mr wonders?”

“I know I need to find my dad”

“Ok” as I was about to walk out the door my mate Brandon grabbed my arm.

“Can I come? I don’t want to be stuck in here alone” I chuckled “Yeah if you want” he then got up and waved to Mrs, “Bye Mrs I’m going with George” but he didn’t wait for a response.

“Brandon smith!” she called out but we took off running and laughing.

“I’ll get in trouble for that” he said still laughing.

“Oh well” we said at the same time.

“Sooo your shirts don’t fit hey?” he said wriggling his eyebrows. I gave him a little push, “Shut up they don’t” Brandon doesn’t know, and I intend to keep it that way because he tends to have a big mouth. When we found my dad I knocked on the door and he nodded for me to open it.

“What can I help you with Son?” man I hate it when he does that, it’s so embarrassing. Brandon chuckled and I elbowed him.

“Well DAD” I said emphasising the word dad, “I need money because I’m not wearing the right uniform. And because I’m a poor sack of potatoes and don’t have a job, I need to scab your money” I explained and dad sighed, some of the kids laughed, when I glanced at them these piercing green eyes caught my attention. Only when I felt dad put the money in my hand did I break my stare.

“Uh thanks” I said and we left.

“Who was that chick with those piercing green eyes?” Brandon asked

“You saw her to?”

“Yeah, I noticed that she was staring at you” he said nudging my shoulder.

“Jealous?” I said back and he laughed

“Maybe a little” and this time I laughed. When we got to uniform shop the lady gave me a few shirts to try on, and Brandon thought it was strange of me wanting to swap then behind the curtain. “George what’s with you wanting to get changed behind the curtain? I mean are you embarrassed?” he genually asked, and I had to agree with him when in fact, I wasn’t embarrassed.

“Uh yeah”

“Oh well there’s nothing to afraid or embarrassed about? I won’t tease you”

“Pfft yeah right Brandon, that’s all you do” I said as I put the shirt that fitted me the best. I took it off again and handed it out to Brandon.

“I want this one”

“How big do you want to get mate? This is a size XXL”

“I have my reasons” I said and waited for him to buy it.

“Here you go, put this dressing gown on then” he said handing me the bought one. As I was pulling it over my head Brandon pulled the curtain back.

“Whoa man what’s that?” he said pointing to mirror behind me, I froze and quickly pulled the rest of it over my head. I thanked the lady and quickly walked away, Brandon following me.

“George wait up? What is it? It looks like a tattoo but then it looks real, I don’t know what to believe” I walked to the back of the school and stopped, waiting for him to make the first move. He walked in front of me and stood there.