Realization

"Uncle and auntie, who is that boy standing behind you?" I asked my uncle and auntie while pointing at the boy.

Seeing that, my uncle turn his body and face me with a smile.  Then he call the boy to his side. 

"Forgive me. I must have forgotten. That is my other son. His name is Rentaro Draco."

He said while putting a hand on Rentaro shoulder.

"Say hello to your cousin Rentaro" Uncle said while nudge Rentaro, so that he face me.

When Rentaro face me for the first time, I can see in his eyes incertainty and fear. 

The boy, now that I know his name is Rentaro came closer to me and I could see he's hesitating. Seeing him like that I decided to approach him first. 

I made a curtsey and  said with a smile 

"Hello Rentaro, my name is Rena. As you know I am your cousin. I hope we can get along."

As I said my introduction, I could see his face turn from fear to nervous then to wonder. 

Then he immediately bow and gave me his introduction. 

"Hello Rena. My name is Rentaro. I hope we can get along too." He said with a nervous smile. 

Seeing him like that really broke my heart. 

"What did these people do to this poor kid that makes him this scared..." I thought to myself. 

While I was thinking of how approaching him, my uncle suddenly say " Rentaro is only 1 year older then you Rena. So you guys are similar in age." 

By saying that I guess it my uncle implies us to play together. With that in thought I ask my father 

"Father and uncle,  may I ask Rentaro to play with me?" 

"Of course you can , if Rentaro doesn't mind it." My father said with a smile. 

"Hahaha! I don't mind! Sebastian please escort Rena and Rentaro to the garden. " As my uncle call upon a butler to guide us. 

"Yes sir." Sebastion reply.

With that I went to the garden with Rentaro. As we were walking, there's so much things that I want to ask to him. Its easy to easy that Rentaro must be my uncle mistress son and he's being hated by my aunt. Its the typical shoujo plot, where the bastard child are being bully by the main wife and the main wife child.  Looking at the nervous glances from him and the nervous posture, I guess my deduction is 80% correct. I really wish I can help him, if not at least be his friend. 

With that in mind I strengthen my resolve and talk to him.

"Hei Rentaro, can I call you Ren ? its shorter and easier to say, hehe.." I said with a smile to him.

"Ehm.. If that is what you want miss Rena." Ren said while looking down.  

"Hey Ren, you don't have to be so formal with me. Just act as you will with a regular friend." I said with a smile. 

"I want to be your friend!" I told him while giving my hand.

I could see that what I did really startled him, as his eyes immediately grew large and his mouth went open. He went rigid for a few second as I guess he's thinking whether I said is true or not. Then he took my hand and gave me a nervous smile.

"If you permit me, then I will gladly be your friend miss Rena."

"Ren.. if you really means that, then drop the formality then." I said with a pout and cross my arms

I guess he didn't thought I really means what I said, as he looks down and suddenly I can see his shoulder shake. 

"Hey... Are you alright? I didn't mea.."

Before I could finish my sentence, suddenly I hear sounds of laughter.

"Hahhahah... I'm fine. Its just I didn't expect you really means it and that you would pout like that. Hahahhaha..." Ren said as he laugh it out.

As I grin, I look directly to his eyes and ask again. "Then, I take it you will be my friend?" 

"Yes, as I hope I can be yours." Ren said with a blinding smile. 

Seeing that smile triggers something in my head. 

"Wait... Rena Draco and Rentaro Draco.. Where have I heard that before... I feel like I have heard it before.." I thought to myself.

As we walk, we started talking and he told me about himself. Apparently my guess is correct. With how my Uncle is, Ren is apparently the son of a maid who was working in the manor. When his mother realized she was pregnant, she wanted to quit and raised her son quietly. But my uncle heard the news and promote her to be his mistress instead. My aunt who heard that wasn't very happy and she bullied Ren's mom and unfortunately because of the stress she died giving birth to Ren. And after that Ren was brought up by the nannies in the Manor. With my aunt and uncle already have Eiji, they don't expect much from Ren, and only sees him as a replacement If anything happen to Eiji. Ren grew up being despised by my aunt and Eiji. 

Even if he didn't say directly he's being bullied I can see from his story that he is, and its torturing him living here. 

Hearing his story it really broke my heart and so I stopped and give him a hug.

"Huh.. Rena?"

"Hey Ren. Just remember now that you have me in your corner! Maybe I can't do much and I know that you don't trust me yet, remembering we just met. But I promise that I will try my best to be there for you and that I am your friend!"

His arms that was hanging beside his body moved and he gave me a squeezed. 

"Thanks Rena. Its the first time anyone have ever said that to me." He whispered to me.

After that little scene. We continue walking for a short distance, and finally reach the garden. It's a beautiful garden thats full of red roses. As I admire the scene before me, Ren walk into the garden first then look back to me and said with a smile "Come on Rena let's sit there at the bench."

Looking at that scene something finally click in my mind. 

"Aw F*** No...... I finally realized why I keep feeling I'm missing something and why everything feels so familiar.... I reincarnated into an tome game that I played in my old life... If that's it I'm quite happy, because its one of my favorite game.. But why do I have to be reincarnated into the Villainess of the game... WHY?!?" I shouted in my mind. 

I guess with that realization I went into shock mode and that made Ren worried, as he went to my side and ask whether I'm okay. 

I wanted to say everything is fine, but at that time I was so shocked I couldn't say anything and I passed out. I could hear Ren panicking and calling for help.

"I'm sorry Ren for passing out on you, but let me rest for awhile.." I though to myself as I feel my consciousness fades away.