Father POV 2

We were planning to bring Rena to visit my brother a few months before her scheduled first ball, but seeing how depressed she is, because of Ms. Anton retirement. We fast forward that plan. When I told Rena, about my brother family, I can see the disgust on my daughter face. I am a little worried to introduce her to my brother family, but she need to see how the noble are and to learn to face the harsh reality of this world. 

From the moment we arrive, we had troubles. My brother son, Eiji, called my cute and beautiful daughter ugly and run away. I almost blew up when that brat bad mouthed my daughter. After that, my brother forgot his other son and Rena had to ask directly who he is. I really hope, that after not meeting this last few years, he could change. I guess that is not possible. 

After the introduction, we left the kids to play by themselves, but not long after that we heard that Rena had collapsed. When I heard that I immediately rush to her. When I saw my daughter collapse on the ground, I could feel my heart stop.  I immediately brought Rena to her room and call the doctor. While all that happen, I didn't think about my nephew, who were standing there shocked. I only had my eyes on my daughter, and that was my mistake. I was supposed to be this calm and collected prime minister, but when my daughter collapsed, I couldn't think straight. 

When I was able to bring the doctor to Rena room, I only saw my wife sitting there alone with a worried look. 

"Dear, where is Rena?" I asked my wife.

"Rena woke up not too long ago and immediately ran out to find Ren. I asked the house personal to find her." My wife said.

"If she can run around, it means she's okay. Don't be too worried okay?" I said while hugging her. 

"I will also search for her. You just stay here okay?" I said.

"No, I will also search for her. I was waiting here for you, and now you have come and I told you what happen, I can also go search for her." My wife said while standing up. 

"Okay then. I will search the west wing and you will search the east." I said.

"Okay dear" My wife said with a smile.

We then split up and search for our daughter. While I was searching for her, I heard my brother voice and his wife.

"WHY DID YOU LET THAT... THAT.... THING WENT AWAY!!" Agnes, my brother wife scream. 

"What did you want me to do Agnes?! Rena was there! I can't let anything happen to her! You know what my brother is capable of! I let you do anything you want to Ren, but not in front of other people. I still have an image to keep." Liam said to his wife.

Hearing that dialogue between those two, I conclude that Rena have found Ren and that she saw him getting beat up my his step mom. 

"They must have went hiding somewhere. Where can little kids hide in this mansion... Maybe the library..?" I though to myself, while trying to find the library. 

As I thought, they did hide in the library. As I was approaching the library, I could hear their voice carry in the wind. 

As I arrive, I heard my daughter said to Ren, "This might seems weird, especially because we just met today. You don't know me, and I don't know you, but its the truth when I said. You are my friend and a part of my family, and I want you to know, that no matter what. I will always be with you. Now and forever. You are not alone." 

When I heard that, I can feel myself smiling. My daughter is the best in the world. After that I opened the door and saw both of them in each other arms and I stopped in my track. 

"WHY IS THIS TWERP HUGGING MY DAUGTHER?!?!" I thought to myself. 

Seeing a boy hugging my daughter made me see red and so I confronted the both of them. Then suddenly my daughter started crying and asked me to help Ren. Before I can reply my wife in and calm them down, afterwards we went to eat dinner with my brother family.

After dinner, I had a chat with my wife, regarding Rena wish and Ren's situation.

"Dear, before you came, Rena asked me to help Ren. She asked me to let Ren be adopted to another family that can love him." I said to my wife.

"Rena did? That is an unusual wish." My wife reply.

"Yes. I knew my brother was a scoundrel, but I never thought he would do that to his own son." I said. I'm furious on how my brother treat his own son. I want to help him but its not that easy. I can ask another noble to adopt Ren, but there's a chance the similar thing will happen again. 

While I was thinking, I can feel my wife hands wrap around my body and her head on my back. In my wife arms, I can feel myself relaxing.

"How about we adopt Ren instead?" my wife said. 

When I heard that I unconsciously  turn around and face my wife. 

"Are you sure my love?" I asked her while holding her in my arms.

"Yes, dear." she said.

"Do you remember what the doctor said? Because of my weak body, theres a chance we can't have another child. Even if we have, there's a chance he or she will be sickly. And to be honest, I want our children to live peacefully. For now we don't know much about Ren, but with how he interact with Rena, we can see that he has a good head on his shoulder. He has what it needs to lead a fief, and maybe under your tutelage he can also become the future prime minister and help the crown prince. We did say that Rena need someone close her age to be her guardian, and you also said the king once asked you to find a playmate for the prince. With this we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Even if later we have another child, and Ren is as intelligent as I think he is. Both of them can work together to build the fief. Our child could handle the fief while Ren focus as the prime minister of the country. We also will love all of them as much as we can." My wife said with a smile.

"Sometimes I don't know who were the pants in this house. Me or my wife. I think our daughter got her intelligence not from me, but my wife." I couldn't help to chuckle when I think that.

"Is my idea funny?" my wife ask me, when she heard me chuckle.

"No, your idea is magnificent my love. If you think that it's a good idea then I will make it happen." I said while hugging my wife close to me.

After that night, we decided to learn more about Ren and to decide in a week time whether we will adopt Ren to our family or not. We asked out butler and attendance to learn more bout Ren and to report everything they learn about Ren to us. 

2 nights before we went back to our estate we, me and my wife asked Ren to meet us in private.