Chapter 6

"It's ok" Chappo consoles, rubbing my back, "It's gonna be ok." I rest my head into his shoulder and the tears just roll off my cheeks. I start to calm down as my sobs turn into those weird hiccup crys and eventually I can talk again. "Sorry I got your shirt wet" I say, maybe even a little giggle in my voice. "It's fine" He chuckles, "So long as you're ok. I know you cheered up a bit now but I know you're finding it hard. I mean, now the least I can do is walk you home. And I don't care what you say, you're calling down to the tower tomorrow and you're gonna be my rookie for the day. It's the least I can do, honestly, I know you say you're really grateful but seriously, me and the guys weren't on our game. We didin't even collar you, what if you had had a spinal. And by the way, you ever need someone to go with you to the hospital, or even just need some help getting groceries, I'm just a phone call away" I stare at Chappo, where had this come from? Well I didn't care, he was amazing. "Thank you" I whisper as he jots down his number on my arm, no paper, typical.

We walk (well Chappo walks, I wheel) slowly back towards the apartment I'm staying in. In a moment of silence I think to myself, I get to spend a whole other day down on the beach with Chappo, guess I'm not leaving tomorrow anymore! "So" Chappo says, quite shyly, "What brings you to Bondi" I smirk a little, though I hope he doesn't see, I can tell he's nervous as the question is such a typical "I want to talk more but don't know what to say" kind of question. I sigh, "I was just fed up at home, I needed to get away for awhile, so I toured the world, I went to the usual places I go like Spain and France, then I went to Switzerland, then to Thailand, then to Dubai and now I'm here. I only spent a week in Spain, France, Switzerland and Dubai, but I spent 3 months in Thailand working to earn money for the rest of my trip. I planned on spending 2 weeks at Bondi, then moving on to Melbourne and working there for awhile and then I hoped at that stage I would have saved enough money for a few more countries and tickets for the flight home." I exhaled, woah that took a lot more explaining than I thought. Chappo stared at me a long while, he looked like he was thinking some stuff over, "So it's been about a week since the accident at Bondi, how much longer have you got here" My heart shatters, that's when I remember how I decided I would stay tomorrow as well to be his "Rookie for the day" and then I realize, I rented the apartment for two weeks, ending after tonight, I can't stay for tomorrow, I've got no place to go. "Tonight's meant to be my last night" I sigh, as I see the sadness fill his eyes and then something hits me, why is he so sad to see me go?

"Tonight?" He mutters, "But what about you being down at Bondi with me... and the guys tomorrow?" I give him a consoling look, "I can't, I'd have to stay an extra night then but I've got no place to go." He mulls this over for a moment, actually stopping to think. "If you want you can stay with me tomorrow night" He offers, and  without thinking the word "Yes" slips from my mouth. I look up and realize we've reached my apartment. "Thanks for walking me home" I say, "See you tomorrow, I'll be there around 9am if that's ok" He just nods his head as I unlock my door and wheel myself in. "Bye" I mumble, and he gives me a quick way before disappearing. I shut the door and quickly make for the couch. I plonk myself onto it as quickly as I can while a whirlwind of thoughts run through my head, the main one being "Why did I just agree to spend the night basically  a strangers house tomorrow"

***

Sorry again about the short chapter,

It's about to pick up though!

I'm on summer holidays now so I can put more time into each chapter now :)

-Niamhxoxo