Chapter three: God Do I Hate Junkies

A/N hey! this chapter is a little long then the others but it seems to me to be filled with imporntant things to read so have fun ^_^

~Gerard~

          The white haired girl fell off Ray's back weakly standing in the sand looking around, she looked so confused.

            is this what sober does to you?

            Is she even alive enough to know her own name, I gave a look to Frank who looked Mad we were just standing here with heavy bags in the hot sun. "Okay killjoy whats your name?" I asked, she looked at me, for the first time I got a good look at her eyes. She was glazed.

             I gasped. This killjoy was a sober junkie, it was clear from her gaze, dead of all emotion just looked a little happy and tired. The gray was deep though. Most killjoys that were BLI runaways still had rings of color. Not her, Nothing but gray and the black of her small pupils.

            "Toxic Storm, and are you the one that took out my IV" I felt my eyebrows fall down. her IV the silver drip… Why did she care? we just pulled her from the heart of Battery city. I nodded.

            "Yeah, We saved you from BLI, we can get you whatever you need when we get back to base right now we need to get walking back to out trans so we can get out of here"

             Toxic Took a wobbly step towards me her whole body shaking her knees looking like they were going to buckle at any second. "Hey be careful_" I started to reach out to grab her before she fell. but she swung her arm back and flung her fist hitting my mouth, a sharp wave of pain crackled onto my lips.

            Frank stood with a open mouth, the others doing the same.

            "Whats wrong with you?" Mikey said, I covered my mouth feeling blood oozing from my lip. How did this girl look so weak but hit so hard.

            Toxic stared at her knuckle which had a small bleeding cut from my teeth. She looked almost angry, her face bending in an odd expression for a moment before it settled back into a tired happy blank mask.

            Toxic Storm looked like she hadn't heard Mikey, she was too glazed to comprehend much I guess. Maybe that’s why she punched me.

            "Mikes it no use, lets go." I said voice a little harsh, a light pain danced on my lip over the split.

            No one carried Toxic now she slowly and shakily followed us till we reached the car. Kobra  threw his bags in the back and jumped in the drivers seat, Fun called shotgun.

            I couldn’t help but be pissed, being forced to sit next to the BL/ind junkie. Ray climbed in and didn’t say a word as I pushed A very confused Toxic in the car to sit in the middle.

            "Can I have my sober now." She said and coughed, the cough was dry and sounded painful her voice chapped and sad. Why would anyone be sad over a terrible drug like that. Also after punching me she's asking me for things. She must be high.

            I just glared out the window, acting as it she had never spoken. I heard Frank speak his voice nearly sad, he clearly pitied the poor junkie though I knew he hated them. "No you can't, its bad for you" He sounded like a mother.

            "but.." she said, he voice as so rough, She was a clear smoker. the deadly habit had taken its toll on her voice. "I….I just want one pill…. Maybe one shot…" she paused and thought for a moment, I could almost hear the gears in her brain turning. "I promise I'll stop after that." She said and nodded, as if she was telling herself and not Frank. Fun didn’t say anything after that. the car ride was silent for the rest of the ride, the air smelling of foul cigarettes from the Junkie.