Chapter Six: Stupid Doctor.

~Sophie~

            I let the cigarette lay lazily on my lips as I talked, my voice coming a little more freely now from this morning. "You don’t have to stand out here with me, its clear you don’t like the smell." Party's nose twitched as I breathed out, the wind taking the smoke his way.

            He shrugged taking a step closer to me looking out at the desert. It wasn't too hot yet, the sun not yet at it's peak in the sky, The air outside was hot, but not unbearable. I held the cigarette in my teeth and shrugged off my leather jacket. Party poison staring at me mouth open.

            what had I done?

            My mind raced wondering if something was wrong before I followed his gaze to my arms. The vein in the crease of my elbow was scarred, covered in small holes from the sober shots I had taken. both arms where scarred the skin a light purple, a new dot was on my wrist, from the hospital. 

            "How…how-how old are those" Party tried talking taking him a few tries before he completed a sentence. I shrugged. Not having a good guess.

            The last time I had shot up was after Rash and Dodger had gotten dusted. That was before I lived in my little shack house.

            "Maybe a year or two ago" I guessed. Party nodded, I took another drag on my cigarette, feeling the smoke fill my lungs before being blown out onto the wind where it was whisked only god knew where.

            "What made you quit?" The question was blunt,  His eyes locked on my arms.

            What made me quit…… What made me quit….. The question seemed to float in the air, until it pulled me into the dark space of a memory. 

            I lay on the hot sand, needle still hanging out of my arm. I could feel sand blowing across my face and body but didn’t take any note, only of how wonderful the sober felt…no more thinking about Dodger or Rash, Or the Dracs. no more bad thoughts.

            I just lay and smiled. I could hear a bike in the distance. a motor bike just like mine, it was growing closer. Should I move? It could be a Drac..

            I didn’t worry, Dracs were told not to kill me (though they could barely follow orders) I'll be fine.

            "Sophie!" A voice yelled it grew louder with the bike. Someone knew me… cool. "Sophie!! Oh god…. No… no!" The voice said. I didn’t move, I just looked over, a person fell next to me, no hair…. bald… huh just like my brother. "Sophie! say something!" the man cried, his voice was cracking. I looked at him a little closer his face blurry.

            "Heeeeyyy…..Kay…." I said then giggled, my voice tickling the back of my throat. My brother grabbed my face in his hands looking me in the eye, he was so close I felt his breath blow sand from my cheeks.

            "Are you okay? How long have you been out here?" Kay looked down at something, I felt the needle being ripped from my arm.

            "Ow.." I whispered.

            "Sophia!" my brother shouted, I slowly moved my eyes to look at him, my vision was very blurry but I could see.

            I tried to answer my brother's call of my name, only a soft "Hm?" escaping my lips.

            "I….. Sophie…. I thought you were dead…" Kay said his voice shaking, what was wrong with him? why couldn't he just smile with me, instead he had to from and look sad. I think I had some pills in my bag.. where it was , my brother could use them. Make him smile. "That… That shot I made for you was supposed to save your life!" He started yelling, Tears falling from his eyes landing on my face. "Now you're laying practically dead in the desert!" he kept shouting, crying… being sad.