Chapter Fourteen: Awkward Hellos

~Sophie~

                    I thought about all the emotions Mikey had told me about over the months I had been living with him. My mind wandered threw the idea of all of them, Joy, Anger, Sadness, Hurt, exited, nervous, But none of them explained the feeling I had. It was like I was being punched in the stomach by a rainbow.

                    Part of my wanted to just fall to my knees and cry, another part of me wanted to run and touch Rash, hold her, hug her make sure she was real. Yet the only thing I could do was stare, my mouth slightly open, eyes wide probably looking rather funny.

                    I don’t know how long I stood there staring at my old friend. She had on Dodgers goggles, one lens was broken. A jacket that had a dark brown stain down the front that I would guess to be blood, the jacket? only a black leather jacket with a blue lightning bolt down the middle. Dodgers also.

                    I tried to push words out of my mouth to say something but I just stood there. She did the same, she short brown hair blowing lightly in the breeze. Party and Mikey looked very confused.

                    It felt like a year before Gerard finally broke the silence between us.

                    "Umm…. are you guys okay?" he asked dumbly. I tore my eyes off of Rash for just long enough to catch Party's gaze, his brown hazel eyes looking very confused.

                    "Storm?" Rash whispered. she was far away but I could see her lips not needing anything else. I didn’t speak, just nodded my head. To Rash that was enough, she sprinted across the sand and hugged me, her arms tight around my body in a bone crushing grasp. "Oh my god…" she breathed into me, not letting me go.

                    "I thought…you…..I.." I tried to make words, a sentence anything that explain what was going on in my mind, but it felt like all my energy was in my eyes, just taking in that fact she was alive in front of me.

                    "Do you know each other? Mikey asked a but nervously. Rash whipped her head over to him, dropping me.

                    "know each other?" she said loudly, her old loud personality  exploding from her like I had always remembered it. "Dear lord mikes this was part of my old group before D found me!" she yelled then hugged me again, this time it was lighter, and shorter. Rash put me down after a second then looked me over.

                     "My god you've changed though kid" she said looking me over again as if she had missed something. "You're eyes… lost the last of the color… hairs longer.. and look at those cute glasses." she rambled. I stay quiet, and shoved my glasses up my nose at the mention of the damned things. "And you still don’t talk, only for sober you would open your mouth, or to talk to kay." she paused then looked at me, her green eyes soft and caring. "you still talk to kay?" she asked. Rash had no idea who exactly my brother was, but she had over heard me calling him kay and never let me live it down. I nodded to her and she smiled.

                    "Kay?" Mikey asked, raising an eye brow. Rash waved him off as if he wasn’t alive, she put her arm around my shoulders pulling me towards the shop.

                    "I got something for you. About half a year ago I thought I saw you, white hair on a bike. You got taken by some Dracs, I called out for you but when you looked a S/C/A/R/EC/R/O/W slipped a mask over you." I felt my eyes widen remembering someone call my name.

                    "So I kept your bike, polished it up and redid the paint how you like it. Made it my own little project. I've been waiting for you ever sense."