Chapter 9 - A Bunch of Pups

Evelyn's POV

I walked around my group and mentally sperated the weak looking ones, from the strong looking ones. "Ok, I want...you and...you to come forward", I said, gesturing to a tall, black haired were and a blond haired one. "What are you're names?" I asked.

"Kai", the blond one replied.

"Daron", the another one said.

I nodded and said, "Ok, Kai and Daron. I want you two to go on the mat and prepare to fight. Since you can't turn, you'll be fighting in human forms".

They looked at eachother, probably thinking of a tactic to beat the one. Then, they walked over to the matt. John was simply working his group to the max, by making them do some intense fartlek training. I turned to the rest of the weres and told them to keep a close eye on the working pair and tell me in the end what each did good and what they did bad. "Ok, you guys. Ready? I'll be giving out tips, if you listen, good for you. If you don't...it might as well cost your live", I spoke loudly. I spaced the boys a little away from eachother, to give them more options. "Go!" I shouted randomly. It was a test and they both failed miserably. I was checking if they were on their guard but of course...they weren't. Terrible.

Kai and Daron were frozen for a couple of moments but then Kai made the first move. He jumped towards Daron, his fist curled for contact. "Rule number one. Always be on your guard!" I said. Daron managed to avoid the punch to the face and kicked Kai hard in the stomach. Hmm, not bad. His hair was wild and angry enveloped into Kai's face. Wow, short tempered much? Kai growled and tackled Daron to the ground, and when Daron was pinned down, Kai landed several punches to Daron's jaw. However, I expected them to be more powerful, just enough to cause some breaks.

I crossed my arms over my chest and said, "rule number two. Don't drag the fight to the ground if it's gonna effect the power of your attacks!" I was happy to see that my group was showing genuine interest to the fight and the pair fighting was not doing that bad.

Daron stopped Kai's hand halfway and shoved him away. Daron's stronger but...I think Kai's faster. Kai has to use this fact against his oppenant. "Find your partner's strengths and use it against them!" I stressed. They should know this already, come on...it's common sense. The fight ended when Kai had Daron pinned to the ground and both were breathing heavily. Both had bloody cuts but it's nothing serious. A few minutes and they should be all healed up. "Ok, well done, boys. Take rest, you can go to the changing rooms to clean up", I shouted.

Kai had a cut across his forehead while Daron had one on his arm. They both nodded but waited. I turned to the rest of the group and said, "ok, what did they do good?"

A were towards the back of the crowd put her hand up so I picked her. "They both used their strengths", she answered.

I nodded and replied, "that they did. Although I had to tell them to do so. Next". I got many answers.

"They were both quick to react".

"They thought about what they're going to do".

"Both fought without a break".

Soon, I had too many people talking so I put my hand up and yelled, "quiet! But good answers". Kai and Daron went into the changing rooms after that. I paced forward and sighed. I was wondering what I should do next. It took a couple of moments, but I had an idea. It wasn't rocket science. I clapped my hands together twice, to get their attention since the group were chatting to others. "Next, I want a girl and a boy voulenteer. Anyone?" I stated.

A tall, brunette girl called Ashley offered to participate, as well as Liam, the other offer. Ok, not too bad. Both looked healthy but I'll see for myself. "What do you want us to do, Miss?" Liam asked, eagerly.