Chapter 6 - Miya

Aaron's POV

I didn’t know what I was expecting, but this was not it... Come on, I had to sit next to a freaking werewolf. Fair enough, she’s not that bad but still...it doesn’t change the fact that it was a little awkward. “Aaron?” my chemistry teacher, Miss Williams called.

I cursed under my breath. This has been happening to me all day. In every single one of my classes, I was always picked to answer questions. It was irritating me. “Yes, Miss?” I replied, putting on a neutral voice. Beside me, I heard Miya (the werewolf that I had to sit by for all my lessons) laugh quietly. I shot her an annoyed look, which shut her right up. What? I don’t care if I’m being mean...I’m put in a very unstable mood.

“What gas is produced when you react sodium with water?”

Normally, I’m into science, especially chemistry. So, I knew the answer instantly. “Hydrogen”, I answered.

My teacher seemed impressed; she carried on asking me questions. She asked, “what is the test for Hydrogen?”

Pft, that one’s easy. “It pops and relights a glowing splint”, I said.

Miss Williams nodded her head, and turned her attention back to the rest of the class. I lost all interest from then on. “So, vampire...should I be afraid of your age?” Miya asked, seeming equally as bored.

I inhaled through my nose and leaned back onto my chair. I looked at Miya more closely, wondering if I should actually tell her anything. She had long-ish brown hair, which was straight and I could pick up some lighter highlights. Her eyes...well, they amazed me. Nothing more I could say... They were like sapphires and yet in some angles...they appeared green. Weird...but in a good way. She was pale but not pale like they Cullens and her face was very...pretty. I smiled at her, which surprised her. “I’m only 10 years old. It’s Lyn that you should be afraid of”, I said.

She laughed and replied, “oh yeah. She’s our founder right? Well, her and Jonathan but mainly her. I’ve heard a lot about her even though we’ve never met. She’s really beautiful though, I’ve seen her from a distance”.

“She’s known by lots of names. Evelyn, Evelynda, Princesa, Princesa Evelynda, Lyn, the heartless ripper...whatever”, I sighed.

Miya looked hesitant before asking me, “so you drink blood...human blood?”.

I swallowed unconsciously, “yes, I am a vampire after all”, I relied but my voice held sadness. I remembered my first taste of fresh, human blood. I could also picture the innocent faces of the man and the woman from whom I had sucked life out of. It haunted me, I told Evelyn about it and she understood...strange, I know.

A dark shadow casted over Miya’s beautiful features, wait? Did I just say ‘beautiful’? Crap... “That doesn’t mean it’s ok to kill innocent people”, she hissed.

I blinked a couple of times before saying, “I agree with you but what am I suppose to do about it? It’s unchangeable”.

She snorted and shook her head sharply. “Jonathan told me about the vampires in Forks. You can’t argue against that,” she said, daring me to argue against her.

I rolled my eyes at her and then, without warning, I brought my face close to hers. Her eyes flashed with surprise but other than that, she didn’t move. “No, I can’t but does it make it better if I say that I get my blood from blood bags?” I whispered, my breath fanning her, it made her shiver. I smiled at that.

“That is a... improvement”, she commented.

I laughed and gave us some distance. “So, how old are you?” I asked, sounding bored but inside I was oddly excited.