Chapter 22 - Vampirism (short chapter)

Aaron's POV

"What's the opposite reaction to respiration?" Mr Walker, my biology teacher asked. 

Since nobody put their hands up, I just shouted out, "photosynthesis." Of course, I was right. 

Mr Walker looked half annoyed and half impressed. "Well done, next time put your hand up."

I rolled my eyes and muttered, "sorry, I didn't see anybody's hands up."

This made Mr Walker stop mid-way through whatever he was saying. I knew I was pissing him off, but I didn't care. "I'm sorry Aaron, did you say something?" he was obviously being sarcastic but there was a hint of challenge there in his tone as well.

Ignoring the warning looks that I got from people in the class, I said, "what? You deaf or something mate?"

Mr Walker's face morphed into a shocked on before turning red with anger. "That's it, get out!" he commanded.

I put my hands up and replied, "what? I thought we were friends Carl." 

Some people in the class burst out laughing after hearing the mention of his first name. 

"OUT! OUT! Stand outside the door, Aaron!" my teacher bellowed.

Silently, I let out a breath of relief and stood up. I put up hands up in mock surrender and exclaimed, "sheesh Carlos, no need to raise your voice. I ain't deaf." And with that I stalked out of the class in record time.

Once I was out of the classroom, I made a beeline towards the main enterance of the school. Hopefully Lyn and John would be teaching so I wouldn't be caught. My throat was burning with an intense fire and it was killing me. My craving for warm, human blood from the vein was clouding my mind. In simple words, I was going crazy. 

I almost made it, almost made it to the doors when I smelt her. Her delicious blood. I stopped in my tracks and reluctantly turned my head towards her direction. I'm pretty sure that I had a pained look on my face but at that moment I was only feeling the guilt of what I was about to do. She had dirty blonde hair and shiny brown eyes, I think she was a grade above me or two. 

I flashed to her side which startled her. "Excuse me? Who are you?" she wondered with questioning eyes.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry," I choked out.

She looked extremely confused by now. "Sorry? For what?"

I couldn't delay any longer so with every fibre in my body, I attacked her neck. I bite straight into her soft skin and began to feed of her. My headache began to substand and my entire body hummed with pleasure. It felt epic. I couldn't control it, I emptied her blood stream. After sucking the last drop of blood, with a gasp I let go of her lifeless body and took a step back. 

I was numb for a few seconds as I stared at her pale body. Then, of course, the guilt kicked in. I was disgusted with myself. I had killed another person...another innocent life. Now I've killed three people. I'm a horrible person, worthless piece of nature. 

I placed my head on my hands and groaned. I felt vile. I snapped my head up and scanned my surroundings when I realised that I was still in school. Crap. Someone could have easily seen me, why was I so damn careless? I quickly bent down and grabbed one of her arms. I was so oblivious to the world at the moment that I didn't hear any footsteps coming towards my direction. To be more specific, footsteps caused by a vampire...no human could be that quiet. 

With a sad sigh, I tugged at her arm and dragged the lifeless body around the corner and that's when I heard a startled voice call, "Aaron?"

I became still as a statue. The silence that filled in for the next moment or so was unbearing. I refused to turn around because I know I'd only feel guiltier. I opened my mouth to speak, once...twice...three times but no sound would come out. With a shaky deep breath, I choked out, "I'm sorry." And then I ran. Ran away from the blonde girl that I had just killed. Ran away from the guilt. Ran away from my Evelyn.

Hellooo!

First off, I am so sorry for not updating sooner. School and home kept me extremely busy.

Secondly, did you like it? Did ya? Did ya? Did ya? :P

And finally, I'll need 20 votes, 20 comments and 200 reads to update again :) so do your thing ;)

Love you!

vote...comment...fan....love it or hate it....PEACE!<3

~Addie~