Stood up

A/N

Hi guys,
This is my first story ever so I hope you guys like it.

Astrid and her boyfriend, Snotlout, where just hanging at his place, snuggled up on his couch.

"I want to take you out for dinner tonight" Snotlout purred, snuggling closer to his girlfriend. Astrid shifted under his weight, a little bit uncomfortable, but didn't say anything about it.

"Of course, I would love to" Astrid replied with a smile, but it not quite reaching her eyes. Astrid was tired because Snotlout has been pushing Astrid to go out with him most nights, having to meet with his stuck up friends and doing things she didn't particularly want to do, including drinking and going to nightclubs.

Astrid so desperately wanted to break up with Snotlout but whenever she tries he always tells her what a wonderful person she is and how lucky he is to have her. Astrid was fed up with it and told herself to suck up her pride and to break up with him tonight. Standing up Astrid was determined to make it Snotlout's worst date yet.

*1 hour later, at Astrid's house*

Astrid was standing in front of her mirror, making sure she looked perfect and that she had everything. She was
wearing a gorgeous red dress that cut just above her knees, a shall just in case it was cold and a cream coloured clutch with her phone, make up and money was in. With one final check in the mirror Astrid grabbed her car keys and headed out the door.

Snotlout had told Astrid where they were going before she left his house. It was a fancy restaurant named 'The Cove'. Astrid parked her car and began walking in. She opened the door and asked for a booking under the name of Snotlout Jorgenson. The waiter showed her to her table and she sat down and waited for Snotlout to arrive.

It was getting late and the waiter kept coming back to ask Astrid if she was ready to order and every time she turned the waiter down, determined that Snotlout wouldn't have stood her up and that he's just late. Every time Astrid looked up she saw people looking at her with those apologetic eyes. Astrid started feeling worse and worse and decided to give a few more minutes and then she would leave.

*meanwhile*

A tall male with shaggy auburn coloured hair and gorgeous emerald eyes was walking by and noticed Astrid sitting at a table all by herself, shoulders slumped, while nearly everyone else in the restaurant was giving her an apologetic look. Knowing what had happened, mostly because it had happened to him before, the man walked in the restaurant.

Astrid was just about to stand up to leave when a man with tousled auburn hair and beautiful green eyes sat down across from her and explained rather loudly,

"Sorry I'm so late, M'lady, the traffic is crazy right now"

Then quietly he added,

"I'm Hiccup, just go with it, yeah? Whoever didn't bother to show up is a dick"

Astrid decided to go with it because he was being sweet and he was trying to save her. Plus he was the cutest thing that Astrid had ever laid eyes on.

*2 hours later*

"Hahaha I can't believe you did that" Astrid laughed along with Hiccup as they were leaving the best non-planned date ever. Hiccup wrapped an arm around her and Astrid, not taking much notice, leaned in closer to his touch and rested her head on his shoulder. Hiccup sighed, leaning closer to her even more and whispered in her ear,

"Would you go on another date with me tomorrow night?"

A/N

Hey guys,
I hope you like it. Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments.

Bye 👋