Betrothal gift

"Ugh, where is it" Astrid was having the worst day of her life. It was only a few days ago that Hiccup had given her her betrothal gift and now she can't find it.

"I swear I left it here"

Astrid had only taken it off to show Heather, who had heard about Hiccup and Astrid's new relationship and was just about as happy as the couple.

*Flashback*

Heather had just heard the news that Hiccup and Astrid were now a couple and she raced off of Beserker island as fast as Windshear could take her.

When Heather got to the edge she ran straight to Astrid's hut. Once she got there she called out to Astrid, who ran to her.  Both girls shared a hug, having not seen each other since the final battle with Viggo.

"I heard the news. You're in love" Heather stated in a sing-song voice.

"Heather stop that" Astrid said, swatting her hand, "it's not like that, we're just friends"

"Friends who are in love" Heather replied with a smirk on her face. "Friends with benefits"

"Heather!" Astrid screamed, pulling her inside her hut.

"Anyway, spill"

"What?"

"Tell me how it happened"

"Well" Astrid started "it all started the day that I went blind"

*After a very long explanation about how HICCSTRID was formed*

"And then about two weeks ago we were betrothed and he gave me this" Astrid finished, revealing the necklace betrothal gift. The next few seconds was consumed by the squealing and fangirling of Heather.

"Heather be quite!" Exclaimed Astrid, setting the necklace down on the table,  "now don't you want to congratulate Hiccup"

*End flashback*

"And I left it here" Astrid said, scratching her head.

"Left what where?"

Astrid jumped at the voice that she'd heard millions of times before, and one that she hoped she would hear for the rest of her life. She turned around to come face to face with the love of her life, Hiccup Haddock.

"I, uh, my axe" she lied. She didn't want Hiccup to know that she lost the necklace. She was scared that he would get mad and dump her. She loved him too much for that.

"You mean that axe?" Hiccup replied, trying to hide back a laugh. Astrid turned to where Hiccup was pointing and saw her axe, shining in the suns light.

"Yeah, see, exactly where I put it" Astrid nervously said, walking over to pick it up. "Anyway, what did you come here for?" She asked.

"Well" Hiccup started. He looked nervous. He was fiddling with his hands and looking at the ground.

'Oh great. He's probably here to break up with me. He found out about me loosing the necklace and he wants to let me down gently' Astrid thought. 'Alright who told him. I bet it was Snotlout, he's always been in love with me'

"My father wants to have a celebration in our name. A dinner at The Great Hall to be exact. He wants to show off the happy couple to the rest of Berk. Um, he thinks that now we're dating there might soon be an heir" Hiccup said, looking up from the floor and meeting Astrid's eye.

"Oh" Astrid started

"No no, nothing like that. I told my dad that we would have to think about that, and that we're not ready" Hiccup quickly added, scared of what Astrid might say or do, there are still some bruises from her punches. "And" Hiccup kept going, "he and I want you to where your betrothal gift. It will make him really happy to see it on you" Hiccup finished with a smile.