SDS Original: Extra 4

Rachel's POV

Reyes Mansion

Here I am, standing at the grand staircase wearing an all white dress.

Beside the stairs in a big frame with a picture of the Don of the house.

In memory of
Don Mikaelo Alejandro Reyes

He passed away last night. It was sad but he left in peace. He was happy that after years he will be able to be with her one true love and his first born son.

Daddy Michael refused to accept to be the next head of the family so, everything boils down to Mika.

"Mommy!" Miko came running to me.

"Where are your siblings?"

"Michel and Mikey are with grandma and grandpa. Mira, I think she's still busy pulling Dada's hair." He answered.

They grew up so fast. They are now 5 year old energetic kids. Very handful but the sacrifice is worth it.

I asked Mika kung gusto niya pa magkaanak but she said no. I guess four is a bunch.

Relatives and close friends started arriving by 10 o'clock. It was a solemn time for us. Even my wife is unusually quiet. The kids are behave too.

After the memorial. Don Mikaelo's casket was loaded to be taken to the Reyes Mausoleum. Hindi na kami pinasama nila Daddy dahil baka mapagod pa daw ang mga bata.

Mika was with the kids upstairs. She is not emotionally stable to face anyone right now. Bumaba ako sa living room para makipag usap sa mga pumunta bilang representative ng pamilya.

It was almost evening nung maaalis na lahat saka ako umakyat. Naabutan ko namang natutulog na ang mga bata at si Mika, ayun nakatitig sa picture nilang mga Reyes.

Four generation of Reyes legacy in one picture.

"Babe" I called softly.

"Hey babe" She smiled at me.

I sat besides her and gave her a side hug.

"I know it is coming. I even prepared myself for this. Kaya lang masakit pa din pala."

"We'll get through this together, babe." I told her and kiss the side of her head.

×××××××

"Babe, I have to be in Cebu next week for a series of business meetings. Jovs and Gretch is coming with me." She told me as we get ready for bed.

Nagtatampo ako. She just got back this week from Singapore. She was busy for the remainder of the days sa office tapos aalis nanaman siya.

"Baby~" Paglalambing niya. She was back hugging me.

"Aalis ka nanaman." I know I sounded childish.

"Hmmm... Yeah, we have to leave." She was dropping kiss here and there.

"We?"

"You see, mommy is bored so she asked if she could take care of the kids for a few days. Besides they're 10 years old naman na but they can't cook pa so they need supervision."

"You mean?" I turned to face her and she is smiling like an idiot.

"You are coming with me baby."
She pulled me into a kiss.

It was a hungry kiss. Damn. I miss her you know. I pushed her so I could be on top.

"I know na nagtatampo ka so I can't let that get drag for so long." She smiled at me.