Things

Crdts. Owner

The sky had faded from the bright blues of mid-day to the soft greys and glowing oranges of dusk as you walked through the camp. You gave curt nods to the soldiers you passed, the only thing set on your mind was finding your husband. It didn’t take long until you found the large war council tent. You had half the mind to barge in, but you waited.

Soon enough, Lord Karstark and the rest of Robb’s bannermen filed out. They all smiled at you, greeting their Queen. You tried your best to address them all, but your fire still burned beneath your skin. You hadn’t seen Robb for days. All you wanted to do was put the King back in his place by a proper scolding. Once all the men had passed, you entered the tent.

Catelyn stood beside her son, glancing over the large map of Westeros. When you came in, your mother-by-law smiled at you. She moved away from the table and made her way towards you. When he noticed his mother’s movements, Robb looked up. You could see the shame in his expression when you caught his eyes.

“Y/N, I fear my son has been neglecting you,” Catelyn said knowingly. Her blue eyes, the same lightness as Robb’s, glinted when she spoke to you. You felt her soft, long-fingered hands take your hands in a firm grip.

“I haven’t had him to myself in days,” you said fondly. Catelyn smiled, probably thinking of the times she had missed Ned.

“Then I won’t steal your time away any longer.” Her hands dropped yours and she dipped her head to her son. Robb did the same and Catelyn took her leave; thus leaving you and Robb alone. The smile on your face faded as you faced your husband.

“Y/N, I need to-” you silenced him with one look. Even Robb Stark, the renowned Young Wolf, knew better than to anger his wife. That was why he had married you after all; your fire, your passion for family had matched his own. He felt bad that, while he was fighting to avenge the family he lost, he was overlooking the family beside him.

“I know you’re fighting a war,” you said, taking steps closer to him, “I want you to fight. I want you to win for you, for your family, for The North.” You were now face to face with him. Despite the height difference between you, you were on his level. The Queen simply advising the King. “But, don’t forget that I’m fighting too.”

You meant for those words to come out stronger, more harsh, and bearing a punch; but sadness and hurt is what was carried through your tone. Robb had been absent from your marriage bed for two days, two lonely days. No matter how hard you tried to seem stronger and angry, you just couldn’t. You missed your husband.

“Y/N,” his hand want to your face. The rough skin of his palm against your cheek made you, instinctively close your eyes. Finally, he was touching you with that gently hand. “I’m so sorry,” he murmured. Your eyes fluttered open, meeting his sky blue eyes. In the soft candle light in the tent, his irises appeared darker than normal.

“I love you, Robb,” you whispered, looking into those eyes you loved. “I want to be with you, with or without war.” He nodded, his thumb brushing softly against your cheek.

“I am yours, as you are mine,” he said, recalling the vows you had both sworn to each other under the old weirwood tree. A delicate smile bloomed on your lips as he uttered the words. They brought you back to the start, when anything seemed possible; and Robb still had time for you. Now, you’d have to make due with the time you did have.

Without letting your stubborn anger steal away another second, you leaned against your husband’s chest. Luckily, he wasn’t wearing much in regards to armor that evening, so you could hear the steady beat of his heart. One of his hands held your head closer to him, while the other rest against your back. He held you close, until you lifted your head to look up at him.

He leaned down and pressed his pink lips to yours. Your hands traveled from his chest to his face, letting the hairs of his beard tickle your palms. His lips moved against your own to convey, with fervor, how much he was sorry. His hands traveled to your hips to pull you closer; thus closing any gap of free space between your bodies. Robb’s soft lips made all your thoughts and harmful feelings melt away like snow.

You both parted, panting for breath. Your eyes held Robb’s gaze and all you saw was love. That one look made your heart flutter.

“I love you, Y/N,” Robb leaned down to peck your cheek. You felt a warm blush rise to your cheeks, making the two of you smile. He turned his head, glancing over at the battle plans sprawled out of the large table. With fondness in his eyes, Robb looked back over to you.

Without another word, Robb linked your arm with his and started to lead you outside the tent. The encampment was more less quiet as you made your way back to your shared shelter, minus a few drunk soldiers that waddled about. But your mind wasn’t focused on them; nor on your past anger. You were thinking of the different ways you and Robb could spend the evening together.