Ch 9

There was a shift in the atmosphere that was caused by the shift within myself. The voice in my head no longer sounded the same. This voice held the authority and power of an alpha. Some part of me wanted to take a knee to the voice. The strength of my subconscious alone was overwhelming but I felt in my bones that my wolf was preparing herself. When I feel the deep rumble in my chest, the beginning of a loud growl, the discomfort made me whimper but a soothing feeling would wash over my body. It was my wolf comforting me. Everyday I feel her and everyday we grow closer. We were becoming one and I can't wait to meet her.

These past few months have been torturous. I'm never allowed to leave my room and I've only talked to my dad once, let alone anyone else for that matter. Alpha won't even talk to me, he said that when I shift then we can talk. I haven't seen him since the night I bowed down to him. But I do feel him. I know he stands outside my door for hours, sometimes the whole night. I could smell his want for his mate in the air but he never dared to go past the door knob. For that I was grateful. I know what would happen if he did and I wasn't ready, mentally or physically.

I heard a slight knock at the door and I quickly stood at the edge of the blood red rug and muttered a 'come in.'

A gentle smile came to my face as I greeted Stephen, one of the people who bring my food.

"Good morning, Luna. You look beautiful today" he spoke as blood rushes to the ample of his cheeks and the tips of his ears. I blushed as well and took the tray from his hands.

Stephen had bright blond hair and dark brown eyes. His smile was breathtaking as his eyes shined and his dimples only added to his charm. As I examined him, I noticed the glowing mark in his neck. That's new.

"Finally!" I squeal and hold my arms out to hug him. Stephan always tells me about how his mate had a hard time coming around to him. Stephan did as well but he accepted it early that he was given a male mate and that was that, nothing could be done. When they first met each other, Stephan was with Alpha making his rounds to the nearby packs. If anything were to happen and changes were made, as the enforcer, Stephan had to stay behind a while to make sure agreements are being kept and handle all the loose ends. In one of these instances, he met his mate, Nathaniel. I laughed so hard when Stephen told me that Nate would avoid him at all cost even all but running out of rooms when Stephen walked in. Eventually, the mate pull became too strong and Stephen finally took what was his. At least that's how he tells the story. I think more happened in between but I sense it's a sensitive subject.

Stephan hugged me back, his large body nearly engulfing mine. I wonder what it would feel like if Alpha hugged me.

"We will be having a formal celebration tomorrow night!" His smile was so contagious, I was smiling hard too "I hope Alpha Xavier lets you out to come."

At that, my smile faltered.

"He won't." I said, playing with my fingers. The tears stinging my eyes, "He won't look at me until I shift. Why am I so weak that I can't even shift?"

The pain in my chest grew everyday I couldn't see him. I felt my wolf trying to sooth me, the faint sound of purring whispered in my head.

"Luna, it will be over soon. We can all feel the power of your wolf emerging and I'm sure you can too. Just be patient with her and dont beat yourself up about it. She is obviously withholding herself for a reason and I'm sure it's to protect you from something. Don't lose your trust in her."

Stephens words made me respect my wolf in a different way. She was my protector and I shouldn't fault her in any way just because I want to see Alpha.

I looked up and caught Stephens eyes, they held so much sadness. The guilt instantly washed over me. I wiped the tears away and whispered a 'sorry.' I was their Luna and I had to be strong even if I wasn't. And right now, I had to show support for Stephen and Nate consummating their bond.