Ch.5

Two weeks later

I say in the passenger seat as dad drove us back to Mary Anne's school of Nursing. We were going to fill out registration forms today then I could move in and start classes next month.

"Can we get ice cream too?" I asked. My body was crying out for it.

He laughed and nodded.

I smiled and turned the radio up.

When we got to the ice cream parlor I ran from the car and beat him to the counter. As we ate our ice cream I teased him about how old he was getting. But in all honesty, my dad looked good for his age and having an adult daughter.

We were back in the car and I've got this 'gitty' feeling in my gut thats been here the whole day but I decided to ignore it.

"Dad do you know wh-" I started but was cut by my dad slamming on the brakes.

I painfully jerked forward, and slammed backward against my seat.

"Dammit" dad cursed as he sped back toward the direction of home.

I watched him as he ran his hand through his hair over and over again. I didn't want to ask questions because he looked really on the edge already. And my dad had a bad temper sometimes.

He tensed up again and pushed harder on the gas, sending us flying down the road.

"Dad are you okay?" I dared to ask, "Why are we going back home?"

He growled lowly, "The Kings here and he seems to be on a rampage"

I sat back shocked in my seat.

"Wait, Alpha's back?" I asked

"Yes but I don't want you near him. I'm taking you to Mrs.Carols house, so I know you'll be safe." He said and continued speeding down the deserted street.

"What? Why?" I asked. For some reason, I didn't like the fact that I couldn't see Alpha now that he's here.

"No more questions Iris." He finalized.

I slumped in my seat and closed my eyes. I didn't know if I really wanted to see Alpha now that I thought about it. But something in me did. But something in me was also terrified that he was going to bite off my neck. I felt so whishey-washey and I hated it.

We pulled up to our land gate and witnessed the chaos that was happening.

Pack members were scattered everywhere. I could see Luna Isa ushering everyone to the safe house. There were fully grown trees, at least sixty feet tall, laying on the ground snapped in half. Houses looked like a hurricane hit it, same with the little shop I grew up next to.

"Iris! Now!" I heard dad yell. I snapped my attention back at him, he was standing outside the car now, I didn't even know we entered the gate already.

I got out the car hesitantly and walked to him. He pulled me into his arms and ran toward the safehouse also.

I, myself found it strange that I wasn't panicking or crying which I always did at times like this.

Everything moved so fast, one minute I was in my dad's arms while he was running and the next my dad came to  hault and everything was silent.

I was facing toward the trees so I had no idea what was happening but I could sense something was brewing.

"Give me her now!"