Chapter Five

Present Day

"Hello Makaia, I'm Principal Washington. I understand that you're new here, so I thought you could use a tour of the school. This here is one of our straight A students, as well as the school's star basketball player. Bryshere, this is the girl I was telling you about."

"Mrs. Washington, honestly, I forgot about you telling me this "

"It's okay. Well I'll let you two go ahead and get to know each other. Makaia, I really hope you like our school."

"I do too." I said smiling. With that, I followed Bryshere out into the hallway and he began my tour.

"So as you can see, we are here in the front office. Now if you'll follow me out into the hall, I'll show you some of my favorite places around the school."

"Really Bryshere?"

"Kai, baby, shushhhh I'm working. Now, back to the tour. If you look to your left, you can see our computer labs. That's where most kids meet for clubs. So if you're interested in Robotics, Programming, or Key---"

"Now you know damn well I'm not into that shit."

"Okayyy, moving on." We walked for a while and he basically showed me everything except for one thing. "And what's a legendary​ school without a legendary trophy case?" He said gesturing towards the case. He frowned for a second and then tried to hide it.

"Bryshere, what's wrong?" He cleared his throat before speaking.

"Nothing."

"Bryshere."

"Hmm?"

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

"Look at me." I said lifting his head up. "Baby what's wrong?"

"This trophy case."

"What do you mean this trophy case?"

"Everytime someone talks about sports, basketball in particular, it just makes me mad. It's like they always depend on me to win the games and stuff when other guys play the games too. I feel like they push me too hard. I didn't start getting straight A's until last year when the coach threatened to kick me off the team. Now, I'm not so sure I want to play anymore. I miss having time for me. All we do is practice, practice, PRACTICE. I guess I just want my life back."

"Bryshere you will never understand how proud I am of you. You got yourself out the hood nigga life and made a name for yourself. You built up a reputation. Look at you man. You got straight A's, you can ball, you're hella fine, and everyone LOVES you."

"That's the thing. . . Everyone loves me. I liked it better when it was just me you and Woody."

"Trust me when I say I do too, but you can't live in the past."

"Says the girl who keeps bringing up memories of us 3 years ago."

"Come on Bryshere, you know what I meant."

"Actually, no, I don't. So why don't you tell me?"

"Who do you think you're talking to?"

"You clearly. You're the only person around."

"Whatever, I don't have time for this. Either fix your saltiness and get rid of the hotness in your head, or leave me alone."