Chapter Seventeen

When we got there, we were greeted by the front desk assistant.

"How may I help you today?" She asked. Ms. Gray walked in front of us and asked if she could be directed to Bryce's room.

Flashback

Instrumental guitar starts playing.

"Ahhh this my shiii!" Bryshere said getting ready to sing into the broom.

"Boy what you know about this song?"

"More than yhu." He said before starting go sing. "Soon as we get started making love, going hard there's a . . . . knock, knock, knocking on the wall."

I couldn't help but to laugh. "Bryshere, if you don't sit yo freaky ass down somewhere."

"Girl, don't be dissing my nasty. Yhu know yhu want some of this."

"Nahhhh, other way around babyboy."

"Quit playing with me."

"Ine playing."

The chorus to the song came on and Bryce got this look in his eyes.

"Fuck you looking at me like that for bitch?" I said.

"Bitch? See, now you testing my gangsta." He said sitting on the bed.

"What gangsta?" I said laughing.

"yeah akikikikiki keep on and I'ma leave." He said. It only made me laugh even more.

He stood up and was getting ready to walk out the door when I stopped him.

"Nooooo I'm sorry." I said, still laughing.

"Nahhh ion like yhu no mo. hurt my feelings. Move, I'm going home."

"Awe bestie, you mad?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Nope, sad."

"Want me to make you feel better?" I put my arms around his neck.

He shook his head yes, so I leaned in and kissed him. the song was starting to go off so it was just us and the music right there, in the moment. "The way you scream my name. . ." Bryshere sat on the bed and I got on top of him. "Nothing's gonna change, I bet the neighbors know my name."

We were still kissing as another song came on. I recognized the opening beat and began to feel the vibe. "Close the door and take your clothes off where you are"

Bryshere put his hands on my hips and I began to move my body as I got into the music. "Cuz the mattress is so far away." I broke the kiss and started to whisper in his ear. . ."you can't be gangsta, you love too hard." I rose my head away from his ear and closed my eyes. I took in the lyrics and moved with it.

"I'll freak you right I will. I'll freak you right I will. I stick my tongue. I'll speak that language use my foreign skills." I opened my eyes and took my shirt off. I started kissing Bryshere again. His hands started roaming down my body. I held my head back as he began kissing my neck. I bit my lower lip as I looked down at him.

He rolled me over so that he could be on top. He went back to kissing my neck, hands still caressing my body. His hands traveled up my back and unhooked my bra. By now I was super heated and I just wanted him.

Present Day

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard someone talking.

"Kai? Yo you good?"

I shook my head and looked down at Bryshere. I was laying in his hospital bed watching Boondocks. We used to watch it all the time when we were in middle school. I had my head rested on his head and I was holding his hand. Algee left to go on a vending machine run. Ms, Gray and my mom were outside the door talking. Rashad was on the phone. I looked down at Bryshere and whispered, "I'ma need you to hurry and wake up from this long ass nap you taking. I want you right now." I laid my head back on his and put my attention back on the show.

About two minutes alter, Bryshere's hand gripped mine. Then the monitors started beeping really fast. And I mean REALLY fast.

"Bryshere?" I asked calmly with a hint of worry in my voice. The monitors picked up, it got louder and faster and I was freaking out.

"BRYSHERE!!! BRYSHERE BABY I'M HERE! I'M RIGHT HERE!" I began to feel the tears form in my eyes and I couldn't bare the pain anymore. "Please, don't leave me." I said, "I need you."

Two seconds later, the monitor did a long beeeeeepppp and the line went flat. My heart broke. Doctors and nurses rushed in pushing me out the room. I was trying to watch through the door, but my mom put her hand on my shoulder, I lost my strength. I turned to face her and as soon as I looked her in the eyes, I broke down. She pulled me into a hug and held me tight as I stood there sobbing in the hallway.