Chapter 6

The general arrived at her soldier's campsite with her second and was immediately met with by one of her soldiers. Ronnie Raymond gave her an update of how they were fairing. "General. We've been doing very well in this battle. The Kryptonian has managed to take out several casualties with his laser ability, alone. You were right to put him on the front line."

"Thank you for that update, soldier... His skills are highly exceptional. He volunteered for that role, promising me that he would not disappoint us. I am impressed to see that he hasn't failed us." Astrid replied, "Now shouldn't you and your brainier half be fighting alongside him, watch his back! He's too valuable an asset to lose!"

"Right away, General!" Ronnie replied as he raced off to find Dr Stein and join the fight.

"It's good to see the kid is kicking some ass!" Cisco said, as he pulled out a laptop and began typing immediately. Astrid leant over his shoulder to see the screen, displaying satellite footage of the battle. Her men were annihilating the soldiers of order and she knew that Mordru would be happy to hear this news. She also knew that her latest failure with Barry Allen could risk her commitment to the lord of chaos himself. She knew what she needed to do.

"Cisco, what do you say we join the Kryptonian in the fight? We may need his help with Barry afterwards... what better way to take down a speedster than with someone who is faster than a speeding bullet, shoots lasers from his eyes and is more or less invincible?" Astrid said with a smile.

"I still can't believe just how fast that boy grew up. It was only four years ago that we met his mother in Smallville. He was only four at the time... shouldn't he be eight years of age? But, I'd say that the Kryptonian might just be the perfect weapon." Cisco agreed.

"Are you forgetting the smoke cloud and the Smallville quarantine? That's what aged him. It aged the entire town! And it's a good thing it did as look at how well it worked for our benefit!" she replied.

Astrid removed her cloak, as she made her way for the battle. Underneath, she was wearing a black and purple skintight suit made from impenetrable high-grade materials... from her long sleeves, down to her high-heeled boots. Her brown hair had a blood red tinge to it and sat freely down to her middle back. Her black mask revealed only her eyes as it shielded her nose and mouth from recognition. To each leg, sat two small daggers in place, at the ready.

Cisco removed his cloak, revealing a black and brown leather-looking jacket and black pants to match. Both of which were made from the exact same materials. It was clear that he had created both suits, himself.

The two of them ran amongst the soldiers, Astrid with her daggers in her hands, Cisco's palms held at the ready to release projectile blasts. They made their way towards the center-front of the crowds of soldiers, fighting off their enemies on their way.

When they had finally arrived, they found the Kryptonian that they were looking for. "Clark, You're doing great!" Astrid complimented his abilities as she stabbed one of her foes in the leg and crippled another with a mind scream.

The Kryptonian was roughly in his twenties and a pure killing machine. He was dressed in a red and black suit, along with a black cape and was floating a few feet off the floor. He set alight his current foe. using his laser beams, that he shot forth from his eyes. "How many times have I told you, not to call me Clark?" he demanded.

"Sorry, it's just a habit. That's all. I should have said, 'You're doing amazing, Kal'!" Astrid apologized as she marveled at his skills. For Kal's next move, he blew cold air from his mouth, freezing his next few foes in place.

"Once we finish today's battle. There is a special task that I have for you." Astrid said as she let off another mind scream. Blood began to trickle from her three current opponent's ears. They each dropped to the floor... all three were killed, instantly.

Kal flew up into the air, at the speed of a bullet. Dodging fire from the weapons of their enemies. Once again, he used his laser beam, though this time killing crowds of the soldiers of order. It took a few moments to realize that the soldiers of chaos had prevailed the battle.

When the Kryptonian had returned to his place beside Astrid, Cisco had just joined them. "So, you could have done that all along?" He asked Kal.
The Kryptonian nodded, "Yes, but I was enjoying the battle. But now I'm ready to move on to my next mission, at the general's request." He said, waiting for his next task.

The remaining soldiers of chaos disbanded and returned back to their campsite. Some even thanked Kal, before returning.

"I have a target for you." Astrid began, "He is a speedster. Much like Thawne. He is also an old friend of ours."

"It'll be my pleasure. Just point me in the right direction." Kal replied, ready and eager.

Astrid and Cisco led the Kryptonian to the general's camp and Cisco pulled up a satellite map on his laptop. A red dot showed the location of Caitlin's tracker. They had fled to the next town over... Star City.

"This map shows the location of Barry Allen, aka The Flash..." Cisco began.
"He used to be a friend of yours?" Kal asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Exactly," Astrid replied, "but now he is nothing more than a traitor who needs to be stopped." She could feel her inner conflict. Her battle of will and truth against Mordru's influence on her emotions. But she knew Mordru's manipulation kept winning out.

"Barry Allen is nothing more than a threat, that needs to be stopped." She confirmed with Kal.

"So it will be done. As per your request, General!" Kal replied, and with that, he took to the skies searching for his target.