Stolen Towels and Spilt Milkshakes

A/n
So this is sort of linked with my life (emphasis on sort of). Basically, in some way I'll be opening up to you'll and giving some kind of advice. *wipes sweaty hands on jeans, cracks knuckles* Here goes...

~Taira
'RYAN YOU DORKY SON OF A BISCUIT, GIVE THAT BACK!' I screamed running after him.

Ryan Morgenstern and I knew eachother since we were kids trying to tell pink from blue. At the age of 10 we were separated as I had to shift. We were reunited this summer when he moved into the house next to mine and GOD, he was a pain in the arse. But let's be honest, it was nice having him back. I hate to admit it but I missed that egoistic jerk. He started going to the same school as me and became 'the King' (that's what everyone called him, I know, our school's weird) in the first two weeks. Well, he'd glowed up nicely, I have to say. He used to be 2 inches shorter than me and now that little witch stood 5 inches taller than me at 5'10". All the girls in my school could talk about was 'RYAN'S ABS AND JAWLINE!!! HAW MY GOSH HES SOOO HAWTTT!' And to make it worse, Ryan gloated about it.

'Come and get it Tea!' He said turning back towards me, his black hair and brown eyes shining in the sun.

'YOU SUCK RY!' I screamed.
That jerk had taken my towel and I had to run after him, hair wet with sea water and sand sticking to my bare skin. God, running in sand is TIRING.

'Suck what, Tea?' He said laughing. He was shirtless and was in his swimming trunks, printed with (brace yourself) bananas. Childish much?! But who am I to judge? After all, I was wearing a Minnie Mouse bikini.

I smirked at his stupid face (how was he running backwards without tripping?!), an amazing plan forming in my head. I sped up and a few seconds later, I tripped myself and pretended to get hurt really badly. I howled in false pain and then shouted 'AH! I THINK I BUSTED MY KNEE! God it hurts!'

I must be an amazing actress because the look on Ry's face was spectacular. He came running towards me and knelt down next to me when he reached. He pulled me into a hug, suffocating me against his muscular chest and whispered 'Oh God, I'm so sorry Tai, ugh I'm such an idi-', he was cut off by me snatching the towel out of his hands and breaking out of his embrace. I stood up and ran a few metres before turning around and making a face at the still kneeling Ryan and laughing while saying 'Oh I got ya good.'
His expression of utter disbelief and shock soon warped into a grin. He rolled his eyes at me and said, 'Yeah you did Tai, yeah you did.'

.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.

Both of us zipped our bags up, slung it over our shoulders, ran our fingers through our hair and said, 'So...' at the SAME TIME.
We turned to eachother saying 'Jinx.' Then, 'Double jinx!' and then 'triple jinx!!' And then burst out laughing.

I twisted my wet black hair up into a bun and held it like that for a few seconds before letting it down. I groaned as I felt my navy blue cotton dress getting soaked. Ry laughed at me and hit me on the back, making me stumble forward. I punched him on the shoulder, grinning myself.

We got into his car and started sipping on the milkshake we'd bought.

Why had we gone to the beach alone you ask? Well because he came up with the brilliant idea of him teaching me how to surf and me teaching him in return, how to paint a sunset. Let's just say, in learning, I succeeded and he failed.... miserably. I mean who uses GREEN for a damn sunset?! Why did he come up with this genius (no sarcasm, I swear) plan? To help me get over my jerk of an ex, Terrence. Ugh, I don't even want to talk about him.

To be honest, Ryan was helping me get over him WAY more than my best friend, Rita, was. No offence to her, but bringing him up EVERY second was not only unnecessary, but also unhelpful. Ryan on the other hand? He didn't mention him AT ALL. Also, his reaction was so much better than Rita's. When I broke down and told Ry about the break-up, he was seething with anger. He had his fists balled up and swore he'll bring hell down upon Terrance. And what did Rita have to say? 'That's so sad, good God, you made SUCH a CUTE COUPLE!' #FUDGINGROLLMYEYESTILLTHEY'RESTUCK.

Here's what you need to know about Rita Heathers: She's GORGEOUS, like total Victoria's Secret angel material. She's tall af, standing at 5'7" (why on earth is EVERYONE taller than me?!). Her wavy blonde hair tumbled down to her waist. She has grey eyes that change shade according to her CONSTANTLY changing moods. Her skin is a gorgeous honey-tan. She has an AMAZING fashion-sense. It's either that, or she can pull any look off. Needless to say, she's got quite a few crushers. While I'm weary with guys, she goes through them like she changes outfits. 'She's a bitch.' is what most people say, but tbh, she's a great friend to me (despite her constant mood swings).

Ryan set his half finished glass of milkshake down and started the car. I was still sipping mine when he suddenly hit the breaks making me spill the milkshake over myself. I turned to look at him laughing, with my mouth wide open in shock. I pursed my lips and glared at him. He tried to stifle his laughter but in vain. Soon he was clutching his stomach with laughter. I picked his glass up and poured the milkshake from my glass and his glass on him. Now it was his turn to stare at me in shock while I laughed. Soon we were both laughing till our sides hurt.

We sat in the car in comfortable silence for sometime. A small smile was playing on my lips. For the first time in a fairly long time, I was truly happy and it was all because of Ryan. The breakup had been hard for me but Ry was helping in ways he didn't know.

'Thank you.' I said, turning to Ryan.
'Who me?' He said, still looking at the road.
'Well duh!'
He turned to look at me, not quite believing that I'd thanked him. Then he smiled and turned back to the road. He ruffled my hair and said, 'Anything for you Tea.'
'I owe you big time Ryce, big time.'
And we drove on.

                               •   •   •

A/n
Oh good gods, I already love thissss, wb y'all. Also, if you're reading this, I want to remind you that you're beautiful and as deserving of love as the other person. Your worth doesn't depend on who you're dating, it depends on who you ARE. I love love love each one of you.

Comment whatever you want to, whether it's about my grammar or how I could improve the book or any ideas/plot twists you'll like me to introduce. Vote if you liked the chapter and yeah, thanks for reading this cliche stuff.

Qotd: Do you'll like pineapple on pizza?
(I do, don't judge).

Song recommendation:

Bohemian rhapsody by Queen.
I know it's old but I absolutely LOVE this song.
Alright byeeeeeee (god I really want to pee)
Love y'all 🖤🖤🖤
Weshaaa