Supernatural

"The Dark Stranger"
© VeGirl 2014

Vincent holds his hand out and with a sigh I reluctantly drop the car keys in it. "Thank you darling," he says sweet and hold the door open for me.

"You don't have to keep calling me darling, nobody's listening now," I mutter silently before sitting down in the passenger-seat. I feel grumpy and wonder why with this vibrant man in company.

Vincent walks around the car and takes the seat by the wheel, which is my seat in my car. "I will call you darling as much as I like." He gives me a crooked grin and wiggles his eyebrows. "You're my wife."

I have no comment to this prepostous comment, but feel very curious of him and I have to know more. "You're not from Phoenix are you?"

He laughs. "No I'm not, but neither are you."

"Yes I am. My parents live there still."

He takes a deep breath. "They're just your parents here."

"Come again?"

"They're just a part of the illusion."

"The illusion of what?"

"That you're just an ordinary girl, but there is nothing ordinary about you, princess."

I exhale something between a snort and laughter, but can't suppress the smile that crack's my face up. "So can you tell me some more of the non-official version of our marriage?" I beg. "I'm sure it didn't happen in Vegas."

"Vegas aren't that old."

"That's my point!"

He smiles towards me and then he takes a deep breath and start the story. "You came here before me, and I was..." He stops his storytelling. "I was sent to bring you back."

"Stop, stop; came to what?"

"To this realm."

"Realm? What is this; Harry Potter?" I yelp. By now the hysteria has taken over again and I start to laugh out loud.

He gives me a sharp look. "You're talking about enchanted realms, imaginary; that is not what I am referring to." He has his usual superior stance and that high and mighty tone of voice and I am feeling really annoyed by now.

"How would I know what you're talking about, you are always like some freaking enigma," I snap. "You're walking around here like you own me or something! You said you were sent to bring me back; back to what?"

He takes a deep breath. "It is not safe to say yet."

I nod with my lips pursed. "Safe? Safe; what is going on?" I start to feel really irritated by now.

He looks at me once again as if to evaluate how much is safe to reveal and then he takes a deep breath. "There are still people out there that don't want to see you and me together?"

I raise my eyebrows. "Because you're a nutcase?" I tease him in a way I just don't seem to help myself from. After having snickered in his glaring face for a moment, something vital hits me. "Wait a minute, is it me or you they're after?"

He doesn't answer but focus on the driving and by now were riding along our street until we come home and he turns onto my driveway. He cuts the engine off and takes another deep breath to start telling, but I beat him to it. "It is you that is putting me in danger, isn't it?"

He turn to give me another of those pained looks. "You and I together hoard too much power, which is why they want to break us off." He gets out and open the door for me to do the same. "But right now, you might be right," he admits. I keep observing him as I take a few steps out of the car, and we end up standing in the middle of the road, with our gazes locked.