Side effects

"The Dark Stranger" © VeGirl 2014

When I wake up there is movement in the house. Vincent is no longer laying next to me and I bounce upright. Quickly I pull my jeans and shirt on while I make my way out the door. Hushed voices make me hurry a little more careful while not alerting my presence as I descend the stairs. In the kitchen Vincent is sitting with Damian.

"Good morning," Damian calls before I enter the kitchen.

I walk through the door and look out the window. "Morning? Isn't it night?"

Damian snickers. "Morning for me."

Vincent smiles and reaches his hand for me and I take it. "Good morning," he murmurs and pulls me close to give me a deep kiss that makes me blush. Vincent motion for me to sit down and I take a seat while he pours coffee in a mug and hand it to me.

I furrow my brows and look at Damian.  "How does this thing work?" I cast a worried look to the hallway so we won't be interrupted. "Can't you be out at all during daytime?"

He smiles and shrugs his brows. "If I want to keep going, I better avoid daylights."

"Or what...?"

"I go up in flames like a dry twig."

I shudder.

"So I have done my best to avoid it so far." Damian smiles at me. "And then there is the fatigue..."

"The sleep of the dead?"

Damian chuckle. "Dead as a doornail."

"Yeah you're no defender during daytime." I murmur while sipping the coffee and glancing at Vincent. Our lovemaking the night before has left a sweet ache within me and my cheeks heat up at the thought. "How are your wounds?" I ask to distract myself.

"Much better today," he says with a glance towards Damian. "How does this thing work? I'm not turning into a vampire now, am I?"

"Haven't you read Anne Rice?"

"Huh...?"

"Interview with a vampire...?" he hints.

"Oh, wasn't that the movie with Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt?" I remember.

Damian snickers. "Girls and their references... Yeah that's the one."

Vincent's hand is finding its way to my thigh which he starts to caress as Damian explains how to turn somebody into a vampire. I have a little difficulty in focusing as Vincent's hand gets bolder in finding my sweet spots.

"So... as a human you have to die with vampire blood in your system and that usually passes in a day or so."

"Uh huh..."

"And then you have to feed on human blood..."

"Oh..." I am totally distracted.

Damian studies us in a scrutinizing way and I casually sip my coffee. Nothing going on here...

"So...what about the side effects...?"

"Huh...?"

He smirks evilly towards me before he turns to Vincent. "How about headache?"

"No problem, maybe it doesn't work like that on angels."

"Perhaps not..."

Silence fall while I keep sipping coffee, Vincent keeps groping me while I try to look conspicuous and Damian has a smug grin while studying us.