Lance

Hi there! Just wanted to let you know this is the OLD version and I've rewritten this story!!

Of course you can still read it but it's kind of embarrassing how badly written it is so I would appreciate it if you showed the new one some love!

Thank you!!

The blue paladin isn't the same as he was when he first joined Voltron. The rest of the team don't laugh at his jokes or attempts at flirting. They just criticize him for him being himself. No one knows what he has been through, or why he acts like that.

Lance stopped his flirting, and jokes. He trained more trying to meet the team's expectations. Lance would cry in his room, desperate for wanting to belong and be appreciated. Lance isn't the Lance everyone knew and they failed to notice.

He trained his body and became the sharpshooter that doesn't have to think twice about shooting. Hunk is the only one who noticed these changes and tried being there for Lance, but he pushed even his best friend, who was like a brother to him away.

No more smiles.

Lance went to the dining room to eat the space goo for dinner. Everyone was having a conversation. Hunk and Pidge talking about tech, and food. Keith, Allura, and Coran talking about missions. Lance just sits there lost in his own thoughts and eating his space goo with a blank expression.

After defeating Zarkon and Shiro went missing, things haven't been the same. Lance hasn't been the same. Finishing his food goo, Lance goes to train.

"Start training sequence!" He shouts and gets his bayard ready. The bot comes from the floor and he immediately shoots the bot with precision, that would have his past self paling.

"Level 18," Lance prepares himself ready to fire. The bot comes from a different area surprising Lance. The bot kicks him in the stomach shooting Lance far back. He winces in pain standing back up.

The bot runs after him and Lance dives rolling and gets up on one knee, shooting the bot. He pants hard, wiping the sweat off his brow with his arm.

"End training sequence!" Lance yells out and the bot falls into the floor. Lance retracts his Bayard into its original form.

Lance feels disgusted from working so hard and sweating a lot, so he goes to take a shower. He starts the shower and strips his clothing. Lucky that the altean showers get hot fast so there really isn't a wait.

Lance walked under the hot water letting it hit his face and cascade down his body, a heavy sigh leaving his lips, the heat working the stress from his body.

"Lance? Where are yo-" Keith walked into the bathroom seeing a naked Lance in the shower.

'I'm here." Lance turns around slowly looking at Keith. Keith's face flushes and turns away. Lance stands with no reaction what so ever.

"What do you need Keith?" Lance asks, turning the water off and grabbing a towel wrapping it around his waist. Keith turns back around and can't help but stare at Lance.

"If it's not important I'm going to my room," Lance says coldly. "Never mind it's nothing, Lance." Keith cleared his throat and walked away, leaving an awkward silence behind.

Lance shrugs starting to walk to his room but has a feeling like someone is watching him. Lance shrugs off the feeling and enters his room, getting dressed in shorts and a long shirt, tossing his robe on for extra warmth. Tears form in the Cuban boy's eyes, forcing their way out. Quiet sobs echoing throughout the room until Lance fell asleep. Nightmares await.

Why did he still have to be useless to the team even when he's changed so much? Why can't anyone notice his behavior? How sad he is? How much pain he really is in? How homesick he is? He wants people to love him for who he is.

He doesn't want to be the seventh wheel of Voltron. He wants to be apart of something great, to actually help people and provide help and save the universe. He can't save himself but he can save others.

Authors note:

Thanks for reading this. I am not too sure if it is good or not and this chapter is very short but I have already written like 6 parts and they are Longer. I also may get sloppy with posting new chapters because school is trash. ;-; Oh and there might be smut in later chapters. I am not too sure. If you have any complaints or questions then just message me here on wattpad and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.