Chapter 17: Down The Mountain

"...so then, he told you to go make that toxen." Kayano said as after Okuda finished telling us what happened.

"Yes! Theoretically, this should give the best results." Okuda said.

"He even put proper storage methods for poison in this manga. Korosensei's just as courteous as always." Nagisa said looking at the manga Korosensei had made and given Okuda.

"He's been supporting me all along. He said that even if I'm bad at Japanese, I should embrace my strong points." Okuda said.

I looked at the door to see Korosensei walk in. I looked to Okuda.

"There he is. Are you gonna give it to him?" I asked.

"Yes!" Okuda said.

She got up and walked to Korosensei.

"Korosensei, here." Okuda held the toxen out to Korosensei with a smile.

"Well done. I'll drank it right away." Korosensei said as he grabbed the toxen.

I suddenly had a bad feeling about this. Oh well. What could go wrong?

"Thank you, Okuda." Korosensei said as he darkened. "It seems that, thanks to your medicine, I am advancing to a new stage."

What?

"Eh? What do you mean by..." Okuda began but was cut off by Korosensei exploding.

We all covered our faces with our arms. We all looked to see Korosensei was a big pile of goo on his desk. I tilted my head and raised a eyebrow.

This is new.

"He melted!" The class yelled.

"The medicine you created for me is one which invigorates my cells and increases their fluidity." Korosensei said then he raced into the cubby of Kataoka's desk.

Kataoka looked at Korosensei like he was crazy with beads of sweat on her face.

"White in this liquid state, I can also fit into any crack or crevice." Korosensei said from Kataoka's desk cubby.

Korosensei then began shooting around the classroom like an uncontrolled rocket bouncing around a empty room. Only this isn't an empty room.

"Furthermore, my speed is unchanged! Now come. Try to kill me." Korosensei said as he bounced around the classroom.

He slipped through the cracks in the ceiling and floor to make it even harder on us.

Everyone tried to get a fix on him but couldn't. He's a lot harder to get in this state.

"Wait a...no way, this is absolutely impossible! We can't get a lock on you if you're slipping into the floor and ceiling!" Maehara yelled in frustration.

"Okuda, Korosensei did call that medicine a poison, right?" Kayano asked Okuda.

Korosensei stopped in the corner of the room. We all looked up at him glad he finally stopped.

"You-you tricked me, Korosensei!" Okuda yelled at Korosensei.

"Okuda, in assassination, deceiving people in your language is also a necessity." Korosensei said.

"Eh?" Okuda said.

"No matter how excellent the poison you've created, if you hand it over with naive honesty, you target will take advantage of you and that will be the end of it." Korosensei said. "Nagisa, if you were going to give me a poison, how would you do it?" Korosensei asked as he slid down the wall.

"Eh? Hmm. I'd break the poison up into a juice that you'd like and give that to you, saying it's specially hand-made...something like that, I guess." Nagisa said.

"That's right. To deceive someone, you must know your opponent, you must plan out your words. The power of language is a necessity to skillfully deliver poison. Your talent in science can be useful to everyone in the future. In order to make that understandable to many people...please also work on the power of language and its role of delivering poison." Korosensei said as he slithered into his black academic dress and retook his normal form.

"I-I will." Okuda said.

Karma chuckled making me look up at him.

"That was definitely the problem with the previous attempt." Karma said.

I walked down the mountain with the rest of my class. We were all at different points. I side when I sae the bridge was out. Poor Okajima had been caught in the water. I continued down the trail towards the main campus. I sighed when I saw the snake.

I liked snakes. I just wasn't in the mood for this. I hated going down to the main campus because the other classes always hated on us and it always made my wolf want to rip them all apart. Luckily, that hasn't happened yet. What a minute. My wolf. That's what I'll do. I'll just run down the mountain in my wolf form.

I shifted and took off. I ran through the snakes with noe trouble. I ran passed the bees and stopped when I saw Okajima up ahead. He had snake on him and bees were flying around his head. Worst yet. He was being chased by a boulder. My ears folded back. I shook my head then took off. I made it passed the falling boulders with no trouble. I made it to the bottom with my fellow classmates. Most were on the ground either laying on their backs or on their hands and knees while a few of us were bent over with our hands on our knees trying to catch our breath. I was one of them. I looked over at Okajima. He had managed to escape the boulder and bees but still had several snakes on him.

I walked over to him and grabbed the snakes. He looked up at me.

"Thanks." He said.

"No problem." I said then quickly walked towards the main building.

I released the snakes inside the building. I watched as the scaly creatures slithered away.

I've been hanging out with Karma too much.

I returned to my classmates. They all looked at me.

"What?" I asked.

"What did you do with those snakes?" Okajima asked.

"Lets just say I've been hanging out with Karma way too much." I said with a innocent smile.

They must have understood because they didn't ask any further.

"Come on everyone. We better sign up before we're late." Isogai said.

"Yeah. We're actually early for once and I want to keep it that way." I said as we followed Isogai into the gymnasium.

I sighed as we walked into the gymnasium. I walked along side Nagisa and Kayano as we headed to our line. I yawned as the man on stage, the principal, talked.

"...in short, you are all elites selected from the best nationwide." The principal said.

"Yeah. The elite pigheaded nationwide." I said making Yada, who is standing in front of me, laugh.

"As your principal, I guarantee it." He glanced at us. "Still, pride is a powerful enemy. If you are negligent...you'll end up becoming like a certain group of hopeless someones."

The other classes began laughing. I balled my fist and growled. We'll see who's laughing after this is all over.

"Hey now. You're all laughing far too much. Well, your principal went a bit too far too." The principal said.

No kidding.

"Moving on. We have an announcement from the student council. Student council, please start setting up your equipment." The principal said.

Several students walked up onto stage and started setting things up. At that time, Karasuma walked in. The other students started saying how smart and cool Karasuma was and whose teacher he was. No one knew. No one but Class E. I pulled my phone out and started playing on my phone. I was completely ignoring everything else around me. I felt a couple pairs of eyes land on me then leave when the student council started speaking. I really don't care. No one here scares me.