Chapter 3: Leaving Fairy Tail

Gray's POV

I finally finished my mission. I went to the mayor's house and collected my reward. Now, I'm on my way to the guild. As I open the guild doors, everyone is worried and angry at the same time except for Mira. I head towards Mira and asked what happened. Mira told me everything. I couldn't believe that Lucy can do such a thing. Afterwards, I left the guild and headed towards Lucy's apartment. And I saw Lucy's asleep in the cold hard floor.

I carried her in bridal style and put her down to her bed. I sat beside her and suddenly fell asleep.

30 minutes later... 

Lucy's POV

I woke up and saw Gray behind me. I stood up, take a bath and dressed. I woke Gray up and we head towards the guild. After 10 minutes, we were already outside the guild. As I opened the doors, everyone started to glare at me but I only ignored them. Natsu and Erza walked towards me. "Lucy, you know you can't go back here." Erza said while blocking the way with Natsu. I just ignored them and pass through. "Hey Mira, where's Master?" I asked her sweetly. "He's in his office." Mira replied and smiled sweetly. "Thanks." as I head towards Master's office and knock.

Master Makarov's POV

I was signing some paperworks until someone knocked at my door. "Come in" I said. "Oh. It's you Lucy. What can I do for you?" I asked her. "Umm Master, I want to quit the guild." she said. "But why my child?" I asked her. Then, she explained everything. Tears started to form in my eyes. "When are you coming back?" I asked her while wiping my tears away. "Maybe after 2 years." she replied. "Let me remove your insignia." I said. After a few seconds, her insignia is gone. "Master, can you give these letters to Wendy, Gray, Carla, Mira, Levy, Happy, Gajeel and Team Natsu?" she asked as she handed me the letters. "Sure. Be careful." I said in a concern voice.

"I will and Master, here is you're letter." she said as she handed me my letter. "Sayonara Gramps. Until we meet again." she said tearfully. I gave her one last hug. "Thank you for being a second father to me." she said and left.