The Story of My Life: Masika Nycole

Welcome to my life. Even tho my story started 26 years ago, when I was born. But my life life started 10 years ago.

"Sika! I know your ass better turn that shit down!" I hear my mom holla from the kitchen. I pay her no mind as I sing to '03 Bonnie & Clyde by JayZ & Beyonce. Pandora playing all my favorites right now and I was not gonna let Stasia Martin (my mom), mess up my mood. I looked at my phone and waited for Tyana to call.

"Sisi we home!" I jumped off my bed and damn near broke my neck tryna get to my brothers. My older twin brothers Desean & Travis are home from college and I couldn't be happier.

"Day Day! Travi!" I squeal as I throw my arms around their thick necks. My brothers were the best footballers in the state until they went to Florida State.

"Sika you got so big since Christmas." Travis says kissing my cheek. I laughed.

"It's May that was only 5 months ago."

"So you grown like 6 ft." They both laughed. The twins are 19, 6'5" & 6'6", brown skin, tattoos, perfect teeth, Sean husky from football and Travi tall for basketball. They were very girls dream and all my best friends were in love my brothers. I could hear my phone ringing upstairs as they were talking to mom.

"SISI! I know my boos just got back so we on our way." Ty screamed before I could even say hello.

"So that means open the door girl. Now!" I could hear Na in the background before she hung up.

"Guys! The girls are on they way!" I tell from my room. I wanted to change so we could go out after they were done tryna dry hump the twins. As on cue Tyana, Nala and Katie walked in the front door.

"SIKA! We here!" Damn Nala is hella loud.

"Oh no. What have I told y'all bad asses bout coming in my house like that? Masika come get your ratchet ass friends." I laughed so did my brothers, as my mom yelled.

"Sorry Ms. Martin." They say together.

"Come upstairs y'all." Them girls sound like 20 niggas running in the house. I've been talking bout everybody else but y'all don't know who I am.

I'm Masika Nycole Martin, I just turned 17 and go to West Philly High. We live in Blumberg Homes in North Philly. I'm really a nerd but being caramel skin with big lips and hazel eyes I still prettier than a lot of girls. My head is always in a book or listening to music. I also love to sing and have an amazing voice.

Katie turned on the radio and we started singing, like always. Na was in my mirror and Ty was in my closet. While Katie laid across my bed next to me.

"Y'all we should go out tonight. It's Friday and I know we can find a party." Na said blowing kisses at herself.

"Yeah ima go ask Trav if he know any parties." Ty tried to run out the door but I grabbed her.

"Pause now you know I gotta ask my mom first before she thinks I'm tryna be sneaky." I look at them and smile cause I know the answer to my next question. "Y'all sleeping over?" They all had this evil ass smile that made me laugh.

"Hell yeah my babe just came home." Na spoke first. Her & Desean had this under cover thing since he was still high school.

"Yes girl and you know I think we finally gonna make something work." Ty smiled talking bout Trav.

"Yeah but they better have Scott come over too." Katie said sitting up. Scott is the twins best friend and Katie's boyfriend.

"Ok I'll ask them after WE talk to mom. So let's go before she try and leave." We all head for the door.

"Mom? Mom where are you?"

"In the kitchen." Hopefully making dinner.

"Hey mama can we ask you somethings?"

"Yeah Si what's on your mind baby?" My mom must be bout to go out she really nice right now.

"Can I go out with the girls tonight and then they sleep over when we get back?" She looked like she might say no. So I continued. "You know Na's mom is still going out with that crazy guy so I'm scared for her to go home. And Ty, you know how packed it is in Ty's house mommy. Katie don't wanna be left out." I added smiling at Katie.

"Please." We all say. She pause from the food in the pots and looked at us.

"Well I guess but I wanna see what y'all wearing."

"Yes and ok as soon as we ready we can show you mama. Thanks mom." I kiss her cheek and all the girls follow with a kiss and thank you of their own.