Chapter 13

Present Day

"Hey handsome. Wake up birthday boy." I stood next to my son's bed as I tried to wake him. Ugh he sleeps just like Nasir. My husband was awake down stairs making breakfast with Nadia.

"Charlie! Sadie! Wake up my lovelies." I said opening their door. The girls are now 6 and 7. Roman Sebastian, my birthday boy, is now 3. My baby Nadia Aaliyah is now 10 months.

Everyday with Nadia is blessed. While I was pregnant with Nadia, something was always happening. I had tripped on one of the kid's toys and fallen down the stairs. I was 12 weeks and 4 days, and went down about eight steps.

First time ever falling down the steps and I was pregnant. Needless to say they said she was fine. Come to find out she wasn't. At 29 weeks, I was mugged and stabbed. And Nadia was born that night. She now has cerebral palsy.

"Good morning beautiful!" I tell Nadia as I kiss her forehead.

"Oh I know good morning." I laugh at Nasir's response. I sat down at the table with my morning tea as I watch them move around the kitchen and the older kids come down. It was a Friday and like any other one of their birthdays, they were staying home.

One by one they said their greetings and sat down. Nasir and Nadia were finishing up breakfast. We had a special carrier made for to grow with her so we could carry her around. I never want her to feel any different than she already does. She isn't the same size as normal babies so she still small.

Once breakfast was over, Nadia went down for a nap while I cleaned up. The older girls were in the tub and Nas took Rome for his first big boy hair cut. I could say life is not that bad but it's crazy sometimes. Well most of the time. Three kids under 10 and a baby with special needs. But I won't change it for the world.

I got the girls out the tub and dressed. And then we started on today's activities. Baking Romie's cake and treats for his party tonight. The whole family is coming. Nala and Aaron with the girls. His daughter from before Catina along with Nala and Desean's beautiful baby girl Draya Michelle. Katie and Scott with the kids. They are not together but Mason and Madison are doing great. Travis and Audrina are married and have twins. Girls. All these girls, Rome and Mase are the only boys.

The party is tonight because the older girls with be gone this weekend. Adonis, who is now married and expecting with Tyana, is coming to get my girls in the morning and I pick them up from school on Monday. Leann and Tyana are like besties and live close. So one will come get the girls instead of both. 

Life is good right now. I just pray it stays that way.