Chapter 5

On the way home from Nasir's after dinner, I got into it with Leann. When I say got into like she was at my house waiting til I got back. We fought and went blow for blow. Someone called the cops and they broke it up.

The next morning I took my shower and felt better. The girls were in my room, all over my bed. My brothers came to check on me as well as Nana who called after my shower but Nasir never came up. Something about this whole thing just doesn't sit right with me.

"Sisi what did you do to your boo? Why didn't he come check on you?" Ty asked. Nala just started shaking her head. "What?" Ty asked.

"Nothing yo." Nala got up and walked out. I just laid on the bed, I was trying to go to sleep. But I know I wasn't.

"First how y'all get in here?" I asked them while I fixed my bun.

"Your brothers." Ty said flipping thru a magazine. I finished doing my after shower care and felt great.

"You hear that?" Katie paused. "Is that Nala?" I jumped up and ran out my door. I could hear her yelling at someone, I just knew it was Nasir.

"How could you? You know you so foul Nasir!" She yelled.

"Yo don't come at me sideways Nala. It's not even like that!" He yelled back as I walked in the room. We locked eyes but he didn't say anything else.

"Nala what's wrong bae?" Sean asked her.

"Ask your homie." She said and looked at Nasir "Then what is it like?" Nala said as she folded her arms over her chest. Nasir knows how much I like him. Like I really really like him. He just was shaking his head and sat down with his head on his hands. He looked up at me with those green eyes I fell for. I already know what he wants to tell me and get it off his chest. But I'm not sure I can hear him say it. I don't want to hear it let alone it be true. Hearing the words leave his mouth makes it true.

"Masika," he started to say as he got up and walked toward me. "I don't know how to say this but," he took a breath, like a deep breath. "Leann is pregnant." I nodded my head and step back from him.

Mind you, when I was in his house he, I guess you could say filled my head up. Said he wanted to be with me and wanted to know me more. He also said he wasn't messing with Lea any more and hasn't for sometime.

"So everything you said to me was a lie?" As I said that my brothers has came back in and now were looking at us. I didn't tell the twins about us but they knew something was going on. I told Scott everything tho. He looked pissed. Katie was talking to him, tryna calm him down.

"No it's wasn't all a lie." Nasir said.

"Yeah, could of fooled me. Come on Nala, let's go." I wiped the tear from my eye and grabbed Nala's hand. She was still pissed but I was hurting, physically and emotionally so I wanted to lay down. I was overwhelmed.

Once in my room I just laid down and Nala sat at the top of my bed. I put my head on her lap and she played in my hair.

"Remember when anything would go bad we would always do this and make wishes." She said. I laughed.

"Yeah, ugh it was so much better back then." I closed my eyes I'm so ready for this day to be over.

The next morning I woke up to Nala next to me and a dead silent house. There is always noise in this house. I did hear the tv on tho. I peeked in on my brothers. Sean was on his bed, dead to the world, Scott and Katie were on the blow up bed. Travi and Ty were in his bed. Nasir was on the love seat.

I walked to the kitchen to grab a water, walking past the living room I seen my mom. I haven't seen her in almost two weeks, since the boys came home.

"Mom?" I asked as I stood in the doorway. She didn't answer me but she looked like she was just looking at TV. I got this bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Mommy?" I touched her hand. It was cold and there was no life in her eyes. I couldn't move. I just stared at her body. No believe that my mom.... is gone. I kissed her forehead and sat down next to her. I held her hand as the tears came crashing down. I sobbed and sobbed til I was screaming. Everybody came running.

"Masika!"

"Masika!"

Once the twins made it in the living room and seen me with our mother. They rushed to her. Desean grabbed her arms and tries to wake her.

"Mom! Mom wake up!" Travis held me as we all cried. I grabbed on to Desean as he cried.

"Someone call 911." Travi said. Nala, Katie and Ty were also crying. Yeah my mom was crazy and she did her dirty but that's my mom. Who I love unconditionally til the end of time. I could hear Nasir on the phone so I guess he called 911. Nala came over to me.

"Nala,"

"Shhh. It's gonna be okay Sika." She hugged me so tight. That is really my sister, blood couldnt make us any closer. But to see my mom like this I don't know how ima get thru it. I started to walk to my room but I don't remember making it there.