Chapter 4

"You ok?" She asked me.

"After what I heard about Nasir, I don't know. I taking you in the bathroom with me. I need to take a shower." I asked as she said okay. I laid out some sweats and a tank top while she told me about her day and more gossip.

After I was done, I change and hung up with Nala. I had to see Katie to see where she was at.

Me: Ayy baby ma wya

ShawtyKatie: Ayy baby moms. We at Nasir's. You sliding thru? You know your boo looking all good today too lol

Me: Yes ma'am I just got out the shower so ima change and come get me in 15

Her: K

I quickly change into black yoga pants and my orange v-neck tee. Grabbed some moccasins and a sweatshirt as I went to fix my hair. I wished it so it's all super curly. I brushed it out and put some coconut oil on and a headband. I heard her horn out front. After I few looks in the mirror, I left.

"You ready?" She asked.

"Yeah, I miss his green eyes." I say, she laughed.

"Okay so we gonna go meet them for food. Nala and Ty already on their way."

"Alright who's all there and where?"

"Well me and Scottie, Nala and Sean, Ty and Travis then you and Nas. We going to Tati's. Cool?" She asked focusing on driving.

"Yeah that's perfect." I smiled.

Once at the restaurant, I was nervous. But I'm just gonna be Masika. We were at the Spanish shop, our favorite spot since the 9th grade. Tati, the owner, is Nala's aunt, so we be here all the time and eat for free.

We were about an almost two hours into our dinner and it was great. Started out slow but thanks to Nala, it started popping. It's crazy to think I think of all these people at this table to be my family instead of friends. My brothers are both but we have always been that close. And Nasir, I wanna get to know him more and explore his mind.