Chapter 8

As I write this and think about how my life has changed since my mom passed and everything that happened that year, its crazy. I could of been just like her or worst. I'm glad I got out tho. Being 26 and having Charlie already put everything in line for me. Even tho her dad and I are going thru it I know it will get better for her. Ok so back to Sika at 16.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday I told Travis about his girl and he hasn't talked to me since. I feel bad for telling him but I cant let anyone play my brother. Ty has been calling and calling and calling, I'm bout to go get my number changed. Nala never left from yesterday but that's no surprise. I haven't talked to Nasir either.

"Sika, what you thinking bout?" Na asked as she laid in my bed.

"Nothing really, why? What you got in mind Nala?" She smiled.

"I'm tryna be nosey. You willing to chill with Megan or Felicia today?"

"Felicia, she tells me everything." I said going to pick out an outfit.

"Good, I'ma go stalk my boyfriend then get in the shower." I nodded as she got up and left. I called Katie before she gets mad and think we left her out on purpose. Picking up my phone, it rang in my hand.

"Hello?"

"Masika you gotta get down here quick. Katie went into labor while I was over their house chilling. All the guys are here and Ty just showed up." Desean said into the phone.

"NALA!!! We gotta leave now! Grab sweats, sneaks and the Vaseline." I yell in the hallway. "Thanks Sean make sure she stays til we get there. Im walking out the door now.

"What's wrong Si?"

"Katie's water broke and Ty's there. Sean just called me." We ran to my car and played no games getting to the hospital. I can't wait for Mason. In the elevator we put on the Vaseline and changed. We gonna get her today. I know we shouldn't start no shit on the day my godson blesses the world but she playing with my brother's emotions and our relationship. He thinks I'm out to break them up yet I'm the one who pushed both of them to talk to the other. I played cupid when I could of been getting this paper for her instead. Shaking my head, I turn and look at my right hand.

"Alright right hand, you ready?" I ask her.

"As I'll every be best friend." We hugged and prayed before exiting the elevator.

Mason Anthony Santana made his way into the world a few hours later and I was looking onto his smiling, sleeping face in my arms as I could hear Ty talking, well tryna talk to my brother. Nala was talking to Katie and we all kept exchange looks. Once the yelling started Nala & I got up. I gave Mase to his mom and kissed them both. Katie nodded her head as we headed for the door.

"Travis I swear nothing happened! They lying why would I do you wrong baby?" She cried. We laughed.

"Sika, Nala shut up." Travi said in the most calmest voice ever, I can tell he bout to snap so we shut up. I looked at Nala as she caught on. Sean and Nasir were standing behind Travis but like on his back. If he snaps on her it will not be pretty. Ty took a step towards my brother.

"Come on baby. We can start over and forget all the crazy lies." She touched his cheek and it was like she lit the fuse to the bomb better known as Travis. He smacked her hand and tried to grab her. The boys grabbed him as we grabbed her.

"Listen you got to go. Don't try and talk to my brother or contact him cause then you deal with us. And stop blowing up my phone hoe. We not friends, you just some thot that been thru the crew." I said to her as I went to check on Travis. Nala was still in her face and I damn for sure wasn't ready when she hit her. "Down goes Frazier!" I yelled and the nurse came out. We ran after the guys. We got kicked out but I snuck back in later.

"Hey mama. Where's my baby?" I said as I walked in Katie's room. She laughed and pulled back the blanket. He was nursing and sleep yet still the cutest baby ever. Wow my godson is here. To be here and see this first hand, I see why people say it's a beautiful thing. It is. All the pain & struggles is all worth it in the end. I can't wait to have kids of my own.

After chilling with them for a couple of hours I went home. After this long behind day I wanted to a chill night. The house was empty when I got back. Nana might be at bingo. God knows where my brothers are. So a bubble bath sounds like the next step for me.