Chapter 12

Today is Charlie's 2nd birthday. I can't believe I have a two year old. Everybody is here at Yaya's and it is great. Let me speed you up on the last year and a half. So Adonis and I went back to court, but for a PFA I asked for against him. My car was really damaged from him beating on it the last time I seen him. We didn't talk until I seen him in court and still we didn't talk. When he came to see Charlie, Katie would have her. They would meet at a park or Yaya's. I didn't want and still don't want anything to do with him. Nasir graduated from college along with Scott and the twins the following December. Nasir is here with Sadie who is now 3 and a half. Nasir and I been back together for a little over a year and has been great. The girls love each other and fight like they been together since day one. Katie and Scott are back together also and waiting on the arrival of their daughter. 

Nala and Aaron are here. I am so glad she found someone to love her just as much as Shawn did. It's crazy cause Aaron and Shawn knew each other when they were at school. I really miss him. My brother Deshawn died about five months ago. We are still going thru it. He may have left us but he also left us a gift. Nala is six months pregnant with his daughter. When she told me we cried for the life that was taken from us but also for the life we got in return. Travis is doing well too. Him and Audrina are engaged. And guess who gets to plan their wedding. MEEE!

Adonis is here too. We still haven't spoken, in almost two years. Never spoke about what happened or about Charlie. He calls and I hand the phone to Charlie. He came alone even though I heard he has a girlfriend. I let Charlie go over to his place one time and she came back and told me. When I say she told me, she told me everything from when they pulled off from my house to as soon as she walked in my door. Nasir and I gotta little two bedroom apartment in the northeast. Katie and Scott stayed in the apartment we had together. 

Nala moved back after finding about the baby. Aaron is finishing his degree down there but comes to stay with her every chance he gets. Basically every weekend. He wasn't happy about the baby at first but then under the circumstances he was ok with it. They weren't together when it happened but they were talking. Nala and Shawn were gonna work on being just friends but now I gotta a niece on the way and her dad not here. I can't tell you how heartbroken I am. My brother is gone, my Yaya is sick and I have a baby to take care of all by myself. Nasir is here but I feel like it's all on me. All of it, I don't have nobody on my side. I have tried to talk with Nasir about it but he's been busy with work and Sadie.

Leann has been going back and forth with him alot lately. Just being a bitch. He just lost one of his best friends and she just doesn't care. I haven't even told anybody that I found out I'm pregnant again. Everybody seems to be having so much going on.

We all gathered around the table as Charlie's cake was brought out.

"Ok everybody, on 3." I started and Adonis picked up Charlie,  who was next to me and counted to three. Our whole family sang happy birthday to my baby girl. She loves it. Everything was pink and white, with a tea party theme. When she blow out her candle we clapped. The rest of the party was good. Charlie tired herself out and it was her weekend with Adonis. So after they left it was time to get ready for tonight. Since Nasir's birthday is in a few days, we are having a little party tonight for him. Scott took Mason to his mom's, Nasir took Sadie home and Aaron went with him. So it's just us girls. Wow we are pregnant together.

"Wow I thought this day would never come." I said as we cleaned up. Nala and Katie looked at me.

"What are you taking about?" Nala asked.

"I was tryna wait til the party tonight but I need to tell you." I started.

"Ok bitch spill it." Katie said sitting down.

"We get to be pregnant together!" I said as I rubbed my little three month bump. I was wearing a flowy top so I lifted and showed my belly.

"What! Oh my God!" Nala said as she hugged me, we helped Katie off the couch and we hugged each other.

"I hope it's a boy so Mason has someone to play with." Katie said as she wiped her tears.

"Yeah I want a boy too. But don't say anything I'm gonna tell him tonight. As his birthday gift." I told them as we finished setting up.

It was just like an adult dinner party since only the guys could drink. Once they came back a few more of our friends came and it was really good. Something to get everyone's mind off the bad in our lives. Nasir said he wanted to open the gifts right after the cake.

"Ok everybody so here we go again, on three we gonna sing this old man happy birthday. Okay?" The girls brought out the cake but I keep it covered. Everybody sang happy birthday and I kissed him on the cheek.

"Can I take the cover off now?" Nasir asked and I nodded. I quickly lit the candle while he wasn't paying attention. On the cake said 'Happy Birthday Daddy, by your next birthday I will be here'. He read it as he blew out the candle.

"What does it say?" Scott asked.

"Happy Birthday Daddy! By your next birthday I will be here." He was a bit confused as first but then it click. He turned to me. "Oh my god! Yo are you pregnant?" I nodded my head as he picked me up and spun me around. "Ima be a dad, again."

Everybody started screaming and cheering us on. Giving their blessings some even tried called godparent dibs. I'm glad I did it this way. I was kind if scared to tell him.