The Siege of the North: Part 1

Kya
Me and the student across the ice feild glare at one another. We both stand in fighting positions, me ready to  attack and him trembling in the knees.

He creates a large ball of ice and aims it at me. It comes flying but I melt it and redirect the attack to him, adding water and surround him in a wave which I freeze, letting him suffer stuck on the top.

"Nice try, pupil Sangok. A couple of more years and you might be able to fight a sea sponge." Master Pakku chuckles as my opponent squirms in the ice.

"Would anyone care for a rematch with Kya or Katara?" groans and moans are heard from the line of students who both me and my sister had went up against and defeated.

"Both of you have advanced more quickly than any students I've ever trained. You two have proven that with fierce determination, passion and hard work, you can accomplish anything." me and my sister smile at each other.

"Raw talent alone is not enough." we all take a glance toward Aang who's having the time of his life playing around with Momo.

"Pupil, Aang."

"Yes, Master Pakku?" the boy jumps up.

"Care to step into the sparring circle? I figure, since you found time to play with house pets, you must have already mastered waterbending." Master Pakku crosses his arms.

"I wouldn't say "mastered," but check this out." Aang cheesily grins turning himself into a snowman with bending.

The three of us shake our heads. We're all gonna need the spirits help.

As Aang continues to play me and Kya get along with her training, Master Pakku advising us, but as we begin everyone in the area stares up to the sky in the confusion.

I wonder what's wrong?

I take a glance up and see it, black snow falls everywhere. I've seen this before and it can only mean one thing. The Fire Nation.

"Oh please no..." I breath.

They're here...

Nabu
"This will truly be one for the history books general Iroh." the three of us stand at the edge in front of the ships fleet shop as I have on long sleeves and armor while my swords where on my hip. Hopefully this is the last battle. Some sort of way to end the war.

"Just think, century's from now people will study the great admiral Zhao, who destroyed the last of the water tribe civilization." he narrows his eyes ahead.

"We're not really going to kill them... Right?" I turn to him worriedly.

"If that's what it comes to." he nods.

"You're lucky your here to see it Nabu." he looks at me and I scowl.

"I don't feel so lucky, what kind of memory is it you want to be? A man who murdered or a man who gained for the fire nation? Trust me it's not the same thing." I put up my hand with the other on my hip.

"Wise words my boy, but you are right, to be great I must act great." he smiles down at me.

"Be careful what you wish for admiral, history is not always kind to its subjects." Iroh cuts in.