Chapter 30

"Lately I've been thinkin', thinkin' bout what we had." - Nothing Like Us, Justin Bieber

Ariana

The car ride was only about 45 minutes, and it was really awkward and pure hell. Ryan wouldn't shut the fuck up the whole entire ride home. Justin and I weren't on good terms at all. He was clearly still upset about the whole brother situation, and he was even more pissed off at the fact that he couldn't fight it out on the battlefield because of me.

It's whatever. I have more issues to put up with rather than worrying about Justin. He's the least of my concerns right now.

Lie

I parked right in front of the cabin, turning the engine off. "We're here." I pointed to the right, and their heads turned to the cabin. It wasn't in bad condition, but it wasn't the greatest either. This used to be a very old camp ground until the whole place caught on fire. There are only two cabins that survived the fire, and those were the hideouts that Calum and I were going to be staying at. His was about 1/4 mile away, so I could easily walk there. Overall, some debris fell onto the cabins so there are some burn marks and stuff. As for the inside, well we are about to find out.

We all got out of the car, and walked to the front door. For safety reasons, we need a key so nobody breaks in. Calum gave me the key last night when we were talking. Yeah, the cabin is made out of wood and anyone could break in through there or the windows, but still. We need to make it seem like nobody has been here since the fire started.

I took the key out of my back pocket, and place it in the knob. Turning the key to the right, I pushed the door open and the awful smell of burning wood and sweaty socks immediately filled up in our noses. Ryan was making gagging noises while Justin looked like he was going to pass out.

"I know the smell isn't very pleasant-"

"You got that right." Justin interrupted. Scoffing, I continued on. "but we shouldn't be here for too long. You guys have to stay here, I'm meeting up with my brother." I heard Justin mumble something, and then Ryan gave him a hard stare. Assuming that what he said wasn't nice at all, I ignored it and began heading to Calum's hideout.

"Ariana, wait!" Ryan jogged over to me and placed a hand on my shoulder. "What?" I asked.

"While you're gone, what the hell are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know, and I don't care. Calum and I have one last thing to do before this battle comes to an end. Stay safe and do not use your phones. Someone could track us down. Just, I don't know. Talk?"

Ryan sighed and pulled me in for a tight hug. Not knowing why he would assume I'm not coming back, I hugged him back. "Stay safe, Ariana. I have a bad feeling about tonight, but it's probably nothing. I'll see you soon, and don't worry, I'll try to talk to Justin." I smiled at him, and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you so much, Ryan. For everything. Don't worry, I'll be fine." I lifted up my shirt to reveal my weapon belt. Ryan chuckled and shook his head.

"She always comes prepared."

"Damn right. Okay, I really have to go. I'll be back later." Without letting him respond, I ran off into the direction I was heading.Since it was eerily dark out here and the only thing separating the hideout was about a 1/4 mile of forest trees and twigs, I literally ran to the hideout. Yeah, I'm 18 and still somewhat afraid of what's in the dark.

After a few minutes of running through the woods and coming out with scraped arms and legs, I finally arrived at Calum's hideout. When I got there, he just so happened to be waiting for me at the front door.