Chapter 10

We reach the woods about an hour later, but we soon find out that we are not alone.
Running towards us was a boy and girl about the age of 20.
I pulled an arrow out of the quiver and placed it on my bow string.
Cinna looked at me with disapproval.
"No, don't shoot them. They will be accompanying you along the way."
I stared at Cinna.
"You mean you aren't coming?"
He nods.
They reach us, and the girl, with brown hair that just reaches her shoulders and fair skin introduces herself as Rhyne. She also introduced the man with dusty blonde hair and fair skin as Blane.
We shake hands and Cinna turns to leave.
"Good luck, Katniss."
He hugs me, then turns to Gale, and wishes him good luck as well.
---
Gale leads us deeper into the woods, and soon we loose track of our path.
"Where are we?" Rhyne asked.
"We are in the forest outlining District 12." Gale said, you could see the sarcasm on his face.
She rolled her eyes.
"I swear if we get lost-,"
"We aren't going to get lost," I cut in, "and even if we do get confused, Gale can just contact Beetee with his tracking device. We are supposed to be searching the forest anyway."
Rhyne crossed her arms. Annoyance masked her face.
I don't know if I can stand it any longer.
I just focus my gaze ahead of me, staring at the back of Gale's head.
We walked for a while, then rested by a fallen tree.
I try to tell time by looking at the suns position, and concluded that it must have been about nine.
If I was right, we only had two more hours to go.
---
"Katniss, it's your turn to lead us, since not everyone agrees with the first leader." Gale handed me his machete.
It was heavy and foreign in my hands, but I got used to swinging it around pretty fast.
"Just please make sure you don't take off one of our heads," Rhyne complained.
Gale gave her a look, and she averted her eyes to the ground.
As we walked through the green forest I once ran free in, and sometimes still do today, there would occasionally be some conversation.
"So Blane" Gale said, "I take it you don't talk much?"
Blane shook his head and pointed to his mouth.
He was an Avox.
Gale spoke again, to Rhyne this time.
"Thanks, Rhyne, for sharing that important information with us before hand,"
I could tell that Gale felt bad, though.
I tripped many times, and when we rested again, my hands and arms were red and bleeding.
Gale would take off his jacket, rip pieces of the fabric off, and wrap them around my hands.
"Thanks."
Rhyne led this time, but refused to take the machete. I fell again.
Gale picked me back up and I used his hand for support.
We kept walking until we found a clearing where all the trees had been cut down.
In the middle of the grass was where the Hovercraft was, it was on and ready to take flight.
Cinna jumped off the machine and we met him half way.
"Any luck?" He asked.
"Nope. Nothing. Not even a single rustle of the leaves."
"Maybe the reason why we didn't find her was because he," Rhyne motioned to Gale, "had to veer off of the trail."
I was sort of starting to hate her now.
We boarded the hovercraft and started for the Capitol.