Chapter 3: Plot Twist

After Rich left I was surprised that be wanted to be friends after these years of him, well his "friends", bullying me. What bothered me the most was Carla. We are friends, how could she just hang around Rich and dare him to bully me.

"I don't understand.." I say as I head toward my room.

I didn't understand why she would pick on we, we're friends, best friends to be exact. Maybe she was never actually was my friend and was just acting it all. I decide to finish my homework, clean up, then go to bed. After all, Rich did say he was going to walk with me to school.

---Jump cut---

I got up around 5:00 to get ready for school. Packed my lunch, and put my homework in my binder. As soon as I was finished, I started to walk out the door. Until I heard footsteps, and it was Rich.

"Hey Lu! Ready to walk to school together?" he asked.

"Well, I am outside. Why wouldn't I be ready?" I said.

"Here, let me carry your book bag for you." says Rich as he grabs my book bag.

"O-Okay." I said.

Even though he did bully me, I did not want to take advantage of him. Some might say that it's for the best, but I think it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

We walked for a couple minutes of silence, until I asked Rich a question.

"Um, Rich. You say as if you know who Carla is, what is her personality like?" I asked.

"To be honest, whenever I'm near her, she has this snotty rich kid attitude. But whenever my other friend Natalie is around, she would act all nice and sweet. Hmm, as if she trying to be some sort of actress." Rich responds.

The school finally comes into view, and I was able to see Carla waiting for me at the stairs of the school. She then cringes at the sight of Rich and I walking together.

"Luie! Why are you with Rich? I thought you didn't like him?" Carla started to question.

Rich is confused on what is going on. Though, I know for sure what is happening and I wanted to stop it.

"Stop fooling around Carla. I know your little act. I also know about that dare you told Rich to do too." I told her.

"Mph, if that's it's going to be then Lucian. Then I'd advise for you to not hang out with Rich, he's aalllways hanging out with hounds." she says.

"Not anymore punk." Rich finally speaks up.

Rich walks towards Carla and grabs her by her shirt.

"If you EVER insult, or even touch Lucian. That hair do of your's will go down the drain, just like you will soon." says Rich with an evil smirk.

Carla growls, then starts to walk towards the entrance of the school with her goofy stomps of anger.

"Y-You know you didn't have to do that Rich.." I said.

"It's alright Lu, I did it with my own free will anyway. So you don't need to worry." says Rich.

Rich and I finally went inside the school, and many of the boys and girls inside gave us puzzling expressions. Some girls gossiped about it, at times boy would ask Rich if he had grown soft.

Rich got annoyed when they came one after another, so we got into a deep conversation on some point. The bell finally rang, and Rich gave me back my backpack.

"See ya later Lu!" says Rich as he walked to his class.

As I entered the classroom, some girls looked at me jealously, some boys were confused, even the teacher was surprised. It didn't bother me anyway, because one thing distract me throughout the school day. It was what he had said to Carla. He truly does care about me? Or is this some kind of sick joke?