Chapter 4: The Distractor

Throughout the school day, all I could of thought of was Rich. Does he really want to be friends? Sometimes whenever I went through the hallway, I would bump into Rich at times. He would sometimes blush, but would try to hide it.

During lunch, which bothered me the most, Rich would sit with me instead of his other friends, but I also met one of his other friend named Natalie. She seems nice, plus she was the one who agreed with Rich to stop with the bullying.

Through out lunch, I got to know Rich and Natalie pretty well. Rich was never actually a bully type of person, but in general he was just terrified on what rank he would be placed in school. As for Natalie, she is just a nice girl who is sort-of like me, I guess.

"Oh Lucian! If Rich is going to call you Lu, can I call you Lu too?!" asked Natalie with excitement.

"S-Sure." I said.

"Yay! So Lu, who do you like in this school?" asked Natalie slyly.

After Natalie asked the question, I looked at Rich and he blushed a bit noticing that looked at him.

"I-I, uh, um.." I couldn't really answer the question since I was stuttering a bit too much.

Natalie then giggles.

"Awe, you don't have to answer the question Lu." says Natalie.

When Rich's and my heart glow, I truly wasn't expecting Rich to be my soul mate. But now.. I'm falling for him?! I-I wasn't sure about it, after all I can be skeptical at times.

"Hey Lu? Are you ok? You don't look so good." says Rich.

Startled by what he said, I start to blush.

"N-No, i-it's fine. I'm fine.." I say.

Rich then pull me towards him and starts to rub my head.

"Hehe, whatever you say Lu." he says.

"Ooh. Is there a connection with you two that I see?" says Natalie as she starts to smirk.

Rich and I both blush by Natalie's comment. Natalie then starts to laugh.

"Don't worry about it. I'll keep it a secret." she says.

"Uh.. Um.." I was a lost for words.

Then the bell for lunch ended.

"Oh look at the time, looks like lunch is over. I-I gotta get to class." I say as I start to leave.

Before I left the cafeteria, it wasn't as loud for anyone to hear, but I was sure I heard Rich say

"He's cute when he stutters."