Chapter Seven: Marcel

I never even ended up finishing The Avengers. I just fell asleep with one headphone in my ear and one headphone hanging out like a fishing line. Marcel still had his arms wrapped around my waist and his face had been buried in the crook of my neck. I leaned my head down on his and thought, right before I fell asleep, that our position was odd since Marcel was very much taller than me. And then I thought, our wow, our, is a pretty fucking nice term when the person who completes the phrase is Marcel. I forgot that we were in an airplane full of judgmental classmates and I just kept thing 'wow, it's pretty fucking amazing to be careless.' Of course this all had to end somehow because I was still the conscientious dick I was three days ago, but for now I just went with the flow because to be honest, the flow wasn't so bad.

+

"Louis," a voice muttered in my ear. "Louis, um..." It was a pretty damn nice voice; low and very patient. "Er, uhh, Louis...?"

My eyes snapped open. Marcel was looking down at me and I noticed our positions changed. My head was leaning on his shoulder and he was fidgeting with his fingers uncomfortably. I lifted my head off his shoulder and heard a throat being cleared. "So..."

It was Amy. She was smirking and holding a notepad and pen, leaning on one leg so her hip was jutting out slightly.

"So Louis, now that you've had your little naptime, quite comfortably might I add," she narrowed her eyes at Marcel and her smirk grew, leaving Marcel blushing furiously. "What you like to drink? You seem quite... thirsty." My eyes grew wide and she burst out laughing, a couple students turned their heads and I heard Liam and Zayn chuckling from their seats. Niall was snoring loudly in front of me. I glared at her as she stood beaming, proud of herself.

"Uh, thank you Amy but I don't think I'll have anything. Well, actually I'll have a Sprite thanks." She nodded and looked at Marcel.

"And for the lovely partner?"

"Oh I'll just have a ginger ale please," he replied politely. His face looked as though one of my younger sisters had spilled their pink fruit punch all over it. She smiled warmly and walked to the next seat over. I turned to Marcel: "sorry about that uhm. We kind of had a conversation earlier- NO not about you! Ha, yeah." Marcel shifted and nodded, not speaking. He pulled his book from the front pocket and mumbled, "oh thanks." I smiled nervously and leaned back, shutting my eyes.

-

"Hi," Marcel smiled. The low rumble of the plane engines was the only other audible sound. "Hey," I greeted. Marcel beamed and looked down at his tray table. There was a notebook with words scratched on the pages. A pencil was tucked in the crook of his ear. I reached for the notebook and recoiled right a way when Marcel swatted at my hand. "Nope!" He said childishly, bringing his face close to mine. I smirked, "why not?"

"Because," he replied. I moved my face closer till we had an inch of space between us.

"Because what?" I asked.

"Just because, you nosey git." He eased his face a centimetre closer.

"Please?" I asked, bumping his nose with mine. I had forgotten about our setting and my heart was beating faster, faster, faster. Marcel laughed.

"Nope!"

"How can I convince you?" I whispered.

"I don't know," he stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

"Maybe..." I trailed off. His eyes reflected confusion and I fit my mouth with his. Warmth filled my chest and I cupped his neck, moving closer. He melted into the kiss and put a hand on my waist. As I slowly began to pull away, his grip grew tighter and he made a dissatisfied noise. I smirked and swung a leg around his hip, pushing the armchair up so I was sitting on his lap with his hands on my waist. My legs wrapped around his waist, holding on tight even though there was no place to fall. I moved my hands and placed them on the sides of his face and deepened the kiss. I started to smile into the kiss and-

-

"Louis!" An ugly face and tall head of hair was looking me in the eyes. "Hi Nick," I said yawning. He pulled a contorted face and I blinked. "What?"

"Do you and that Marcel guy have a thing going on?"

I choked on air and he grabbed my shoulder. "Woah there papi, calm down I was just asking."

I regained myself and rolled my eyes. "Why would you think that?" He chuckled but held a twisted face. "Uh, because you were sleeping and muttering the blokes name."

I blushed a crimson red and was about to say something when Amy approached Nick. "I'm sorry sir but you are going to have to took a seat. We will be landing in just a bit but we might hit some more turbulence on the way." She smiled and placed a reassuring hand on Nick's back as he walked away, eyes on the ground. I took a sigh of relief and look up at Amy standing above me.

"Thanks."

"You should really defend your boy a little more."

I blinked.

"How many times have I told you he's not my- wait, where is he?" The seat next to me was vacant.

"Went to the loo as you call it. I'm serious Louis. I get that it's not my problem but still. I hate to see a dumber boy," she pressed her lips in a thin line. "Now buckle up, we're landing in a half hour and we might hit some bumps."

She walked off and I sat up straight, clicking my seat belt into place thinking 'wow the flight went fast' and tried to occupy myself of thoughts of Hawaii to distract myself from everything Amy had said. As Marcel approached our seats, I got up and out of mine to let him through and remained quiet during the whole rest of the plane ride. Marcel never questioned me, and I wondered if he cared the slightest bit about me like I did for him- deep inside. But then I remembered that he used to be downright terrified of me and everything is basically fucked up and he must be confused as it is because all of a sudden I'm all mate-mate with him. I felt as if everything went dark and I was in a tunnel and Marcel was the light at the end, but there were poisonous snakes and lots of quicksand in my way- and I had to make my way through the pitch black dark and 'poisonous snakes' of life to get to what I really want; Marcel. Marcel. That stupid nerd boy that made this all hard for me. I want Marcel but I've got to pay for it. What do I want to do?

It hurt me honestly, thinking that I would drown myself in the thoughts of all these obstacles because of Marcel but Marcel probably sat there thinking about fucking Harry Potter- not noticing me drowning in my own emotions of lov- liking for him. I couldn't breathe because I wanted to do something. What if Amy was right? What if someone better than me came and swept Marcel off his feet? I'm too selfish to let that happen, unless I cower out of it and hide in my nest.

But all these views changed once the plane started to descend into the beautiful array of green and blue and pink with spots of exquisite flowers. As I felt the warm sun and fresh palm trees take over the environment, it was as if all the weight was lifted off my chest. I was happy. Marcel seemed more excited too. He kept shuffling in his seat and pressing his face closer into the window until he flinched from his nose bumping into the window.

"Pretty right?" I asked nervously, still giddy with the warm feeling in my chest.

Marcel smiled brightly and his whole demeanor changed. "Yeah! Do you think there's going to be a pool at the hotel?" I laughed and nudged his shoulder playfully. "Course there will be Marce. I'm sure the whole class would die in Hawaii without a pool. Unless we spent ages near a beach..." I trailed off at Marcel's expression. When I said 'whole class' the light in his eyes dimmed. Did he forget the whole class would be there? Could it be that he wanted to be alone with me? No, I had to stop thinking like that. Marcel didn't notice me like I noticed him. He was oblivious in his own world.

The plane touched the ground of the tropics about twenty minutes afterward and a couple people cheered, Niall and Nick Grimshaw included. Marcel smiled to himself and I felt my heart melt. Grabbing our stuff, the class filed out the plane doors and into the airport. This was going to be an exciting trip.