Chapter Fifteen: Three Whispers

One Month Later* 

            It was a month after I came out. A nearly a month and a half since Marcel and I got together and a month of smooth sailing. When I came out at school, it was a shock, but no one bullied me up for it, and Nick Grimshaw- all too surprisingly- stayed out of the way. It was simple really. I waltzed up the baron stairs, hands intertwined with Marcel’s and snogged him right and square before class. A few days of gossip, and that was that. Liam had found himself a girlfriend- that Sophia Stevens who he did the music project with. Zayn and Perrie Edwards were somewhat forming, but like all good things, it would take some time. Niall had his eye out but said he had ‘a lady’ outside of school, but gave no further information. And for Stan, well, Stan was single. That simple.

            Marcel and I went on dates, we met each other’s families and they met each other and our families had became very close with one another. My sisters loved Marcel to death, in fact, Lottie even had a crush on him. Gemma grew on me, and we would talk about embarrassing Marcel-Stories with Anne sometimes, just to get on his nerves.

            We’d sit in the living room with mugs of hot chocolate and watch all kinds of films, huddled against each other despite the warmth of the house. There was a day we sat on the floor at my house and the twins were curled up in Marcel’s lap, fast asleep, when I told him we were going to go on a real date the next week.

            “Marcel, honey, Louis’ waiting? Are you ready?” Anne knocked on the door of Marcel’s bedroom as a tapped my foot patiently. “Sorry, love, he’s taking a bit long. His pills slow him down.” I nodded. Lately Marcel’s lungs had been giving way. He could still walk and talk and live his life, we was just a bit slow, and had to make sure he didn’t move around too much. I couldn’t smoke around him anymore, not that I minded. Anne left and I slowly opened the door. There, in a pile of shirts, sat Marcel shirtless in crisp black skinny jeans. “Mar?” I asked. “What’s wrong?” He sat and stared at the walls dazed.

“I can’t decide Lou.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. “Decide on what?”

“What shirt to wear.”

I bubbled out a laugh. “Really, it’s not a big deal. You have such nice clothes just pick something. It’s a date, not the GQ Fashion Carpet.”

“But I want it to be perfect,” he pouted. “You look perfect, how come I can’t?”

            I sighed and sat down next to him, leaning back on my arms. “You wanna know what you should wear if you want this to be perfect?” I murmured, kissing his cheek. “Hm?” He responded, eyes closed. “Nothing,” I said. “Let’s just go like that, and then everyone can see what they’re missing, because you’re mine.” His eyes opened and he rolled them, groaning. “Louis, that is not helping, it’s just making me hard.” I choked, and did he really say that? He stared at me innocently and licked his lips. “Marcel,” I warned. He grinned cheeky and pretty and beautiful just like he is because he’s Marcel. I breathed in and leaned over, kissing him slow and nice before swinging my legs over to straddle him.

            He held onto my hips and pushed me closer to him, and I could feel his skin burning through my clothes. “More,” he whispered and I brought a hand to his curls, tangling my fingers and pulling. “Mar—”