XVI

A/N:
HELLO 
ITS BEEN AWHILE
HOW ARE YOU?
I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES, I'M WORKING TWO JOBS + STUDYING, THINGS HAVE BEEN CRAZY AND I HAVE JUST BEEN PRESSED FOR TIME. (Adulting sucks.) 

In other news, I got tickets to Ed Sheeran, Paramore and Halsey, so that's exciting. :) 

It's officially the 25th of December here, so Merry Christmas to those who celebrate it! xo 

*UNEDITED* (One day I'll get my life together, I swear.) 

******

'why am i always running around in circles

between wanting you to want me

and when you want me

deciding it is too emotionally naked

for me to live with

why do i make loving me so difficult

why am i that terrified of being kept

as though someone as pure as you

should never have to witness the ghosts

i have tucked under my breast

i used to be more open when it came

to things like this my love

if only we had met when i was willing.' 

(Rupi Kaur, The Sun and Her Flowers.) 

*****

Brinley struggled against the hands that held her. Her mouth had been gagged, as had Bellamy's, and they were outnumbered.

Fuck.

Brinley did, however, notice something strange about the grounders that had them surrounded. Though they were forceful, and Brinley was certain they were lethal too, their actions showed restraint - it almost seemed as though the grounders were going through the motions – as though this were something they did often.

Strange, Brinley thought.

Brinley watched Jasper startle, as he, Clarke and Octavia realised too late that they were no longer alone.

Brinley and Bellamy were shoved down on to their knees, wincing at the sudden contact with the hardened ground.

'Who are you? Why did you signal?'

Brinley watched Octavia carefully, but the girl kept a straight face. 'I am Octavia of the sky people, and I seek safe passage.'

'Skaikru, bringers of death.' The leader of the grounder group spoke with obvious disdain in his voice. 'Why should we give you safe passage?'

Octavia kept her head high. 'Lincoln. He sent us.'

'Remove their gags, free their hands.'

Brinley hastily yanked the gag out of her mouth the moment her hands were released from their binds.

'What's going on?' Bellamy whispered to Octavia hastily.

'I don't know.'

The grounder pulled out a small skin pouch, pulling out vials of strange coloured liquid and handing them out.

'What is that?' Clarke sounded concerned, rightly so.

'Safe passage.' The grounder answered cryptically.

'What does it do?' Jasper asked, sounding both intrigued and concerned.

Brinley pulled the stopper from the bottle, catching Octavia's eyes as she did so. Octavia was determined to see their mission through and Brinley knew nothing would stop her.