16. Nandu's doubt

Hello People.

Happy Reading...

The next morning everyone starts for college when Manik gets a call from dad. He signals everyone to leave and hands his car keys to Nandini. Grinning widely, she brings the car and they leave for college with Manik in passenger seat answering the call in only monosyllables and Aryaman at the back. After the call,

Nandu: kya hua, kiska call tha jo tumhari shakal puri holi ka baad jaisa ho gaya?

Manik glares.

Arya: Holi what?

Nandu: you apply colors on your face, it's a festival. After the mixture of all types of colors, you can imagine how a face looks like right?

Manik: Nandu at least be serious when I am glaring you yaar.

Nandu: acha sorry. Say, who called you so early in the morning.

Manik: your sweet dad. He called me to ask if I am going to college or not. If not I should stay at home to welcome that Soha.

Nandu: (gets serious) oh is it. Come, let me drop you home then we will go to college. Are you ok with it Aryaman?

Aryaman who is oblivious to the situation nods in agreement only to be glared by Manik and Nandu burst out laughing. Manik sits grumpily in his seat. They reach the college.

Aryaman: Manik will you accompany me to principal's office for completing my admission procedure.

Manik: why me? Go with the girl with whom you were making fun of me.

Nandu: it's ok Aryaman. I will accompany you. Let him deal with Soha alone.

And drags Aryaman from there while Manik runs to catch up with them after realizing what she said.

Manik: Nandu please na. You can't do this to me.

Nandu just smiles.

Outside Principal's office

Arya: guys, could anyone of you can come inside? I might utter some blunder there.

Manik: Arya. How's it possible. We will be here listening to your conversation. If at all you are in trouble we will jump in.

Nandu: I will accompany Aryaman.

Manik who was shocked by her declaration asked her,

Manik: how will you go inside without any reason?

Nandu: Nothing is impossible for Nandini Murthy.

Manik: I will pray for your strength brother.

Nandu: Manik shut up. Aryaman knocks the door.

Aryaman knocks the door and getting a permission to come in, he moves in. Nandu too moves along with him but was stopped by Manik.

Manik: Tum kahan ja rahi ho? He has knocked the door right.

Nandu: As if unhe pata chalega ki kisne knock kiya hai.

They both go inside while Manik stays there, scared of the trouble that Nandu was about to bring.

The principal was an old man who was next to Hitler. He is strict who eats, drinks and sleeps rules. He needs everything to be perfect and according to his rules. He gets mad seeing two students at a time in his office.

Princi: Why are there two people here when it's clearly written only one at a time.

Nandu (murmurs to herself): buddha kahi ka. Yeh koi ATM machine hai kya. One at a time.

Princi: Answer me.

Nandu: Sir, we both were confused on who knocked the first so we came together.

Princi(to Nandu): ok, tell me why are you here?

Nandu: It's ok sir. I can wait. You can ask him first.