26. The War

Hello People. The picture in the media box is that of sunset on Mars which was mentioned in the previous chapter. 

Happy Reading...

Nandu gets angry and walks out of her class with her bag.

Abhi(helplessly): Manik, dekh gussa hogayi.

[Abhi(helplessly): Manik, see, she got angry.]

Arya(concerned): Manik, she's hurt.

Cabir(worried): bhai, ja mana use.

[Cabir(worried): Bro, go manofy her.]

Soha(arrogantly): Manik is right. Why should he go?

Mukti(pissed off): Soha, stop it. Yaar Manik, Uski galti nahi hai. You know right, how the prof. Is?

[Mukti(pissed off): Soha, stop it. Manik, she isn't at fault. You know right, how the prof. is?]

Alya(calmly): Yes, Manik. Just go before she hurts herself in anger.

Manik snaps his head towards Alya before rushing outside asking everyone to wait in the canteen.

**************************************************************************************

Nandu after storming out of the class walks aimlessly without looking forward and bumps into someone. She looks up and found the trustee who was talking to her prof.

Prof(enraged): She is the one I was telling you about, sir. She is a brat. She doesn't respect elders. She doesn't have discipline. Ms. Murthy, can't you look and walk? What are you gaping at now? Say sorry, at least.

Nandu hangs her head low all throughout her prof. rants. She looks up only when the trustee side hugs her, confusing the prof.

Raj(furious): Before you raise your voice on my daughter, get your facts clear. She isn't a brat. She respects elders and is disciplined enough not to hurt anyone.

Prof(confused): Sir, but as far as I know, you have only one son and that's Manik.

Raj(dismissing him): I guess you have some better things to do. Have a nice day.

The prof. leaves from there to save his job more than anything. As soon as he leaves, Raj hugs Nandini and she tries not to cry. Manik who was worried about her, sighed in relief seeing Raj with her. He went towards them.

Raj(raising his eyebrow): Iska mood off hai, aur tu iske piche bhaag raha hai. Is everything fine between you two?

[Raj(raising his eyebrow): She is upset and you are running behind her. Is everything fine between you two?]

Manik tells him everything happened in class.

Raj(disbelievingly): Gadhe. Tune us aadmi ke liye meri beti ko daant diya.

[Raj(disbelievingly): Idiot. Why did you scold my daughter because of that person?]

He breaks the hug and holds her chin to make her look at him.

Raj(fake disappointment): Aur tu. Yeh umeed nahi thi meri tujhse. Yeh sikhaya maine tujhe? Don hai tu meri. Tujhe sad hona nahi hai. Uski waat lagani hai.

[Raj(fake disappointment): And Nandu.I didn't expect this from you. Did I teach you this? You are my daughter and you aren't supposed to cry. You should payback them.]

Manik(nodding his head in disbelief): Dad, aap use aur bigad rahe ho.

[Manik(nodding his head in disbelief): Dad, you are spoiling her.]