41. The Rock World Complex

Hello Fam :)

Happy Reading...

Manik got a call early in the morning from his dad asking the gang to come to Malhotra Industries. He woke up and asked everyone to assemble in the living room in an hour after getting ready.

9.00 am

Nandu(whined): Manik, office kyu jana hai? It's so booooorrrringggggg. They will ask me to behave and stay silent and all those 23 pages of rules.

Cabir(laughed off on her face): Ek minute shaant nahi reh sakti. She's going to have a tough time.

Nandu(pouted): Manik, dekho na.

Manik blinked his eyes and turned towards Cabir.

Manik(glared): Dude, stop teasing her. Your dad is especially attending this meeting on Skype just for you. Even you have to behave.

Nandu sticks her tongue out.

Cabir(holding his head): Manik, I am sick. Chakkar aa rahe hai.

Navya(rolling her eyes): Cabir, your mom called me and asked me to bring you there no matter whatever excuse you will give.

Everyone chuckles and leave for Malhotra Industries.

Malhotra Industries, Conference Room

Everyone greets Raj and Raman and they all take their seats. Nandu was about to sit beside Manik, as always but she was stopped by Raman.

Raman(sternly): Nandu, you both are not sitting together.

Nandu(confused): But why?

Raman(smiled sarcastically): Because we want this meeting to happen peacefully.

Nandu gives a longing look to Manik and mouths a 'miss you' before taking her seat opposite to him and beside Aryaman.

Raj(smiled): Good morning kids. You might be wondering why we called you here.

Nandu(concerned): Arey, Dad why are you standing. Aap baitho na. You must be tired due to all the traveling you have done.

Raman(glared): How caring, Nandu. None of your tricks to cancel today's meeting will work. So shut up and listen.

Nandu(pouts): Papa, I wasn't acting.

Raman(announced): Good. Now, listen. Guys, you are the future of all our companies. We decided to check your business skills.

Cabir(innocently): Lekin hum toh abhi bache hai na, uncle. Business skills kahan se aayenge?

Cabir's Dad(angrily): Kis angle se bache lagte ho Cabir. Duniya ke sare harkatein karte time 'I am a grown-up' aur jab kaam ki baat aagayi toh bacche?

Cabir(meekly): Pita ji. Aap yahi ho kya? Sorry, maine aapko dekha hi nahi.

CD(glared): Badtameez ladka. Ab meeting par dhyan de.

Raj(informed): Ok. So, as I was saying, you guys will be shown an area. Basically, you need to give ideas for making a complex for people to live.

Nandu(bangs her hand on the table furiously): Oh really? Hum aapko ideas de aur aap log usse buildings banaoge. Aur hume kya milega? Complex ke opening day par samose aur cold drink? I will put a case on you guys regarding copyright issues.

Raman(mutters): Iske ideas se buildings banayenge aur uski opening bhi hogi. Wow. Miracle.

Nandu(glared): Papa, you have to always support me.

Raman(puzzled): why?

Nandu(informed coolly): Kyunki aap mere papa ho aur main aapki beti.

Raj(amused): Nandu beta, we won't use your ideas. This is just for a trial. So you guys can be as creative as you can. And the rest of the gang, meeting mein itna silent? You guys are working really hard to stay quiet but this is not a class. Abhimanyu, start now.