44. She Has Every Right On Me

Hello Fam. I am stuck up with some work. I will try to update whenever I will get some time. I edited this chapter in a hurry. Inform if you find any mistakes. I will change it. :)

Happy Reading...

Raman and Ishita were furious for Nandu's behavior towards Manik. While Raj and Nyonika were trying to calm them down. Aryaman and Abhimanyu who just heard Nandu's words came to Manik. The rest of the gang were trying to give a piece of mind to Soha. Seeing Manik motionless, Raman squeezed his shoulder gently to bring him back to reality.

Raman(controlling his anger): Manik beta, I will go talk to her. This girl can be ridiculous sometimes.

Manik(frowned): Uncle, it's between us. Let me go and talk to her. You trust me, right?

Raman(softens): More than anyone, son.

Manik hugged him.

Manik(whispered to him): I feel those are not her words. I will sort this out.

Assuring him, he left the place to search for Nandu. Finding her on a bench outside the building premises, Manik sighed in relief. Seeing her crying uncontrollably, he went towards her, nodding his head in disbelief. He sat beside her and poked her, making her glance him with her red puffy eyes.

Manik(pouted sadly): Main ek barbie doll ko dhoond raha hun. Kya hai na, party mein itne sare logo ke beech kho gayi. Aap kya meri madad karogi?

Nandu looked towards him confusedly for a second and crashed into his chest making him caress her hair.

Nandu(stuttering): Manik...So...Soha..Dare..

Manik(muttered): Shh. Nandu. I know yaar. Do you think I believed all those words? You know, that was the worst 'I hate you' speech I have ever come across.

Nandu broke the hug and pouted.

Nandu(sniffing): That was the best I could come up with in such short span. Uss Asian Paints ne mujhe time bhi nahi diya.

Manik(seriously): Don't worry. Is baar hum acha wala 'hate you' speech ready karenge and use suna denge. But for that to happen, I need your smile.

She gave him a small smile.

Manik: Yes, you can do better.

Nandu laughs off widely and hugs him tight. After few minutes of silence, Manik speaks.

Manik(softly): Andar chale? Papa must be really worried.

Nandu breaks the hug.

Nandu(panicks): Nahi. Andar nahi. Papa will kill me. Let's go home.

Manik(assured): Nandu kuch nahi hoga yaar. I am there beside you, right?

Nandu(pleads): Nahi. I don't want to face all those humans again. Please.

Manik(taking her into a side hug): Acha, stop panicking. Let me inform them that we are leaving.

Nandu nods and Manik calls Raman.

Call

Manik: Hello Pa..

Raman(tensed): Manik, that's a misunderstanding. It was all some stupid dare. Just talk to Nandu.

Manik(chuckled): Papa relax. I told you those are not her words. We are fine now. But we are a bit tired. Hum ghar jaye?

Raman: Is she fine?

Manik(smiled): She is very much fine. Bass abhi mera bhi mood nahi hai party mein aane ka.

Raman(hesitatingly): Ok. We will finish this party and come. Till then stay with her.

Manik(assured): Of course Papa. Main use chod kar nahi ja raha. Relax. Bye Papa. Dad Mom ko bhi inform kar dena.

Call ends.

Nandu(frowned): Tune jhoot kyun bola that you didn't want to attend the party.

Manik(slapping her head lightly): Kyunki he was getting tensed, idiot.

Nandu(emotionally): Thank you. I am the luckiest to have you.

Manik(teased): Really? Then you have to share your chocolates with me.

Nandu(whined): Manik, tu hamesha mere chocolate par kyun aa jata hai?

Manik(laughed off): Because I love this look on your face.

Nandu glared making him chuckle and they both leave for home.

Murthy House, Nandu's room

After a lot of talks by Manik, Nandu slept holding his hand tightly. Raman and Ishitha come to Nandu's room, after returning back from the party. Seeing Manik and Nandu holding hands, they sighed in relief. Manik removed her grip on his hand, after seeing them, but careful enough not to wake her up. He pecked her head and covered her with a duvet before leaving the room along with Raman and Ishitha.

Outside Nandu's room

Raman(scared): I was scared. I thought I will lose your bond today. Usne sabke samne aise chillaya tum par.

Manik(casually): Papa, sabke samne mujh par chillane ka haq hai uska. These small things can't do anything to us. (Promised) I won't lose her ever.

Ishitha(cupping his face): She is lucky to have you.

Manik(restless): Ishu Maa, we both are lucky to have each other. She is my best friend, a piece of my heart. Aap bass kal subah kuch mat boliye use. She already cried a lot.

They nod smilingly at him. Manik wishes them 'goodnight' and leaves for his home. Just outside the house, he found Aryaman.

Arya(worried): Is she fine?

Manik(frowned): She is. I need to know why Soha did all this.

Arya(cringed): She's behaving weirdly since evening.

He explains him their evening conversation and also at the party.

Manik(questioned): That's the reason for your long confession.

Arya(nodding): I was so angry but I wanted to shut her mouth in a proper way. Otherwise, I would have lashed at her but she won't understand, right.

Manik(fumed): I need to talk to her. Bahut hogaya uska.

He goes inside of his house and shouts her name. Listening to his voice, along with Soha Raj and Nyo too come to the living room.

Raj(panicked): Manik, Nandu..

Manik(assured): Dad, she is fine. Before going into the details, I have few things to sort. (Turning towards Soha, he spoke sternly) So, Soha. Give me a straight answer. Why did you do all this? Asking Aryaman to confess, giving that stupid dare to Nandu. Why?

Soha(cried): Because I wanted to save your life. I love you.

Manik(scowled): Enough Soha. How many times did I tell you that I don't love you?

Soha(meekly): I know you don't love me but I can't see my favorite person's life in danger.

Manik(confused): What?

Soha(sniffed): Nandu in the evening said she will throw you from the top of the terrace.

Manik(disbelievingly): Girl, that was a joke.

Soha(complained): She called my high IQ questions, stupid ones.

Manik(sighed in frustration): For God's sake Soha, keep these things in mind. One, I don't love you. Second, don't go near Nandu when she is angry. Third, try to understand the difference between a joke and serious situation. And finally, the most important one. Nandini is my best friend. She will slap, punch or even kill me if she wants. She has every damn right on me. So, stop coming between us.

Raj(warned): Soha, I always ignored your doings but remember don't even try to think of hurting my daughter.

She nods and leaves for her room. Everyone else too leaves for their rooms.