Chapter 32

"So, you saying, she said something that upset you and then you punched her?" The officer asked. "Yes, sir..." I answered. The police were called after I punched Josie.I was sitting outside the restaurant hand cuffed, and Stacy was next to me.

"Ok just stay right here." The officer tells me, and he walks away to see Josie back inside. I gave her a black eye and a bloody nose with one punch. I felt bad but then again, ahe really did deserve me it. I still shouldn't have acted that way. My emotion got the better of me. I should have just walked away and went to James. "Well....this didn't work out..." Stacy said, "I hope she don't press charges....", I stayed completely silent. I felt embarrassed. Stacy nods her head.

The police officer comes back and tells me to stand up. I stood up and I felt scared. I didn't want to go to jail. "She gonna think about pressing charges. She doesn't know rather to press charges or just forget the charges or just have you stay away from her without any court or police between you two. So I'm gonna have to take you in for a few hours." He tells me. He grips my arm to walk me to the police car. "So I have to wait?" I asked, "Yes, so I'll be taking you in." The officer said.

I freaked out but I didn't resist. That will be crazy. I started to cry. I was in fear not knowing what jail is like. Stacy said she will keep checking in till I get out.

An hour later, I was sitting I was sitting in a jail cell by myself. The officer said hopefully ill be out by a few hours. This was the first time I went to jail and I was never in trouble with the law.

As I was sitting in the cell. I was scared being there. There was a toilet in the corner, the walls were dirty, it smelled bad, and from a distance I keep hearing an old mans voice from a cell saying, "Let me out!"

*3 hours later*

"Miss. Melanie." A voice erupted my deep thinking. I looked up and it was a police officer. I stood up and he said, "You're free to go. Just stay away from that woman." I was let out and I made a phone call to Stacy to pick me up.

As I waited outside, I started to think about James. I felt like we were met to be but then I felt like weren't. For what I put through James and what James put me through. I didn't know what to do about us.

Stacy pulls up with her car. I got into her car and she gave me a hug, "I'm glad you ok." She said, "Yeah it was lonely there." We let go and Stacy started to drive me back home. "So, she dropped the charges." I said, "Yeah...with the help of James." She said, "Well no wonder. He must have made a promise date to her." I said. "No...He convinced her that you didn't mean it and it was his fault.....and I was there, so no need to give 21 possibilities on how he convinced her." She saids.

I arrived home and James was waiting outside my house. He had flowers in his hands. I didn't know what to say to him. Stacy and I walked to him. "This is for you. I.....I miss you melanie....I was very worried." He said. I took the flowers gently from his hands and looked at them. "Um....well I'll just leave you two alone to talked. Ill be going. Bye guys." Stacy said. She ended up leaving us lone. I was feeling very awkward.

"Could we talk?..." James asked.