Chapter 2

(y/n) woke up in her usual sore agonizing body but instead of feeling the hard concert under and newspapers covering her she was surrounded by softness. Fear immediately ran through her body had they found her.Was she back home. Oh god, she didn't want to be home. Without even knowing it (y/n) began to shake an hyperventilate.

"wake up. I'm not going to hurt you. Open your eyes." hearing an unrecognizable voice (y/n) begins to cry and pull the covers closer. Any minute now he'd rip them off and started beating her to a pulp.

"Open your eyes" he whispered softly in her ear as he gently rubbed her back. It took her a moment but she finally opens her eyes to find she wasn't at home. She was on a dingy mattress on the floor cover in a stack of blankets in a bland apartment. She wasn't home. where was she?

"I'm.....I found you in the rain" the stranger said he pulled out a first aid kit "you're awake now. I'm going to patch up the rest of your wounds, I'm going to help".

She didn't move she just sat back and let the stranger fix her up. When he finished bandaging her up he offered her some food she hesitated at first but accepted. It was a simple sandwich but (y/n) looked at it as if it was gold and ate it quickly as if it would disappear. Realizing how hungry she was Bucky gave her his sandwich too.

"so sweetheart how old are you?" Bucky asked

"4 " (y/n) said softly looking down

"(y/n) what were you doing in the rain"

"sleeping" sleeping? what kind of kid slept in the rain even homeless children found their way to the homeless shelter

"why"

"cause I was tried"

"but why sleep in the rain and not at home"

"I don't want to go home, please don't make me go home please, please, please" (y/n) began to cry and beg.

"Okay, okay you won't go home you don't have to. But can you tell me why you don't want to go home?"

-

-

The room was filthy the stench of beer, cigarettes, drugs, and blood. Smells she had grown used to the few years she had lived. She had grown used to many things she shouldn't have had such as young. For an example she had grown used to the toxic smells, she had grown used to not bathing regularly, not eating for days, being locked in one room on a daily base, being beaten randomly, and constantly being sore. she was a baby yet she had grown used to sleeping in the corner under her bed.

"Hey, (y/n) " her big brother, (B/n).

(b/n) was an angel he was ten years old and took care of (y/n) the best he could feed her, bath her, clothed her to the best of his abilities, which wasn't much for a ten-year-old.

"(y/n) it's okay, you can come out now. It's okay" her brother said trying to get his little sister from under the bed "he's sleeping" he whispered. (y/n) finally crawled out from under the bed. He was sleeping they were safe, for now"

(y/n) whimpered as she made it out from under the bed her arms and legs hurt. Her father had hurled her down the stairs several times earlier that day. As well as burnt cigarettes on her skin and thrown beer bottles at her head. (b/n) pulled out a first aid kit and wrapped her bruised arms and legs " you'll be fine now it's okay now" he whispered.

(y/n) silently cried as her brother tried to soothe her pain. He sang to her until she stopped crying she had no more tears left to cry with. (B/n) hugged and held his sister for a few minutes before pulling her out of his lap. "stay here" he instructed as he went to the closet and pulled out a bag filling it with (y/n) clothes and some food as well as a map.