Chapter 14

It had been a few weeks since the incident. Tony had moved into the compound, bring along (y/n). Rhodey could walk again but need crutches for a while. Peter was officially an unofficial Avenger. And Tony had adopted (y/n).

It was a short trail adopting (y/n) The police raided (y/n) old house to find her father drunk off his ass shooting up drugs and her brother in a closet, he had died of suffocation, thirst, and starvation he was 11 years old.The courts granted Tony all parental rights and her biological father was sentenced to life in prison on a long list of charges. Her brother was given a small organized funeral for friends and... (y/n).

She had ended up spending a lot of her time with Rhodey and trying to heal him.She had grown quite close to the few people that were in the compound. Everyone was her aunt or uncle and they were okay with that.And if someone didn't like it they were heartless.

"haha, uncle Stank." (y/n)said

"yes, Mr. Stank table for 2 by the bathroom, please"

"Mr. Stank, where is he? Probably in his natural habit... the bathroom: Rhodey laughed

"Stank's the name don't smell it or you might pass out" Tony walked away as Rhodey and (y/n) continue to make fun of his new name (thanks, Stan Lee).

Tony found himself in Steve's room nothing was moved or changed dust began collecting around the room. It was just how Steve had left it. Settling behind his desk Tony opened the packages out fell a flip phone and two letters one address to Tony the other (y/n). Tony read his letter it was from Steve it was an apology as well as an explanation for everything and the phone was for emergencies. As if on cue after Tony finished the letter the phone rang

"Tony, we've got a problem"

"Please hold" Tony chuckled as he put the secretary of defense oh hold the beautiful red light flashing practically screaming fuck off, oh how lovely. Tony read Steve's letter a few more times and watched the red light for a minute before he remembered (y/n)'s letter.It was thicker than Tony's so he figured it was long or had more than one thing in it or from more than one person.

"Hey, hey," Tony said coming back downstairs to Rhodey was still exercising

"hi, uncle Stank" (y/n) laughed as she made shapes with water she spilled on the floor

"yeah, what's up uncle Stank" Rhodey was having to much fun with this

"A letter came in fro (y/n). I think it's from Barnes"

"Daddy?!" Tony handed her the letter and she ripped it open, he was right about the multiple letters amongst other things. She had a letter from Bucky, Steve, Sam, and T'challa and a few pictures on the back of one it said ' Everyone misses their little sunshine' and 'be good'. The pictures were of everyone all together and smiling happily and there was one picture of Bucky and (y/n) together smiling so happy, they were in the rain.

The letters.T'challa's letter was an apology for hurting her and welcoming her to his country anytime. Steve and Sam's letters were they were going to come back but not anytime soon but that she could come visit them anytime and call and write also it said they would keep Bucky safe and take care of him. Bucky's letter was an entirely different story.

Dear (y/n),
Babygirl I'm so sorry for leaving it was the safest thing to do at the time. We made it far together and you help me a lot. But this is the adventures have to take a break. I have to go back in the ice for a little while. I'm probably already asleep. But don't worry when I wake up again you'll be the first person I see. I'm sorry I didn't say bye in person, sweetheart I really am. I hope everyone treats you like the princess you are where ever you are. I'm sorry. I love you with all my heart and soul. I do I really do.
Love Bucky Daddy
P.S. I will be back

"Not for a long time" (y/n) said once she had finished all the letters, Bucky's last, Rhodey and Tony rad over her shoulder. "he's not going to come back for a long time, is he?"

"no I don't think so, sweetheart" Tony said as he hugged her tight and kissed her cheeks.

Outside the sun shined high in the sky, not a cloud in sigh perfectly opposite to everyone's emotion.

"the rain" (y/n) said as she closed her eyes and cried "we meet in the rain, he saved me in the rain". Oh, how she missed the rain already.

Her Rain.