Chapter 15: Konnect

Most of Avalon's morning was fine. She was enjoying being back home. It's nice to not be working as much as she loves it. She walked into the living room to see her dad laying out a blueprint on the table. Pepper was drinking coffee as she sat at the kitchen table. She looked up for a second as she spotted the short girl then continued what she was doing before.

"Do I dare ask what the blueprints are for?" She asked him.

"These are actually are gonna be for students all around New York. I'm going to have a building built so they can go to learn more about their future careers and will be working with whatever they choose. I plan to have a different floor for each career." He explained.

"So you'll be in charge of two buildings?" His daughter questioned.

"Not exactly what I had in plan." He stated. "I plan for you to run it, or at least be involved with the program."

"Why me?" She wondered.

"You're a Stark. You were born to lead people." He told her. "This is for you."

"What if I don't want to?" She wondered. "Dad, you also have to remember that technically I am a Princess of Asgard as well."

"Well, Princess of Asgard, you can either continue your hero life or help run the new building. You can't have both." He asserted. "There will be a time you have to take your role as Stark heiress."

"I see no problem with that." Avalon realized that she doesn't care for the family business, correction, her father's family business. "I want to expand my work."

"Meaning what?" He questioned.

"I want to go to Asgard and help Thor." She smiled with pure happiness behind her eyes. "See and meet the Asgardian people, my people. I also need to help Thor search for the Infinity Stones, something inside me is warning me that I have to."

"No." Her dad picked up his coffee and walked away from her. "Those aren't your people. I'm your people. I can't risk losing you. I won't allow it."

"You won't allow it? I'm 16 years old now! It's my choice to make. You may be my father, but you can't stop me from going to Asgard." She hissed. "These worlds need me."

"Dammit Tony, just let her go. She's strong enough to handle herself." Pepper inputted. "I truly think it would be a mistake for you to even argue with her. We know what Avalon is capable of doing. She can handle herself. Hell, she can vaporize people without breaking a sweat."

"On Earth, the media is making me out to be a murderer. I may act like I don't care, but I've done too much good for them to think I'm evil." She grabbed her phone and whatever was visible of hers and made her way to the elevator.

"Hey F.R.I.D.A.Y." She greeted.

"Hello Avalon, may I help you?" She replied.

"Yes, may you alert my dad that I'm leaving?" Avalon asked of her.

"Of course." She said and went quiet.

She headed over to the elevator, but it was too slow for her liking. She rolled her eyes and teleported to the main lobby. She had appeared next to a man who was minding his own business. They made eye contact and he was quick to get away from her. Avalon felt upset, she knew he wanted away from her because he was afraid.

"Hey, tacky hair." She greeted the secretary.

"Excuse me?" She questioned while Avalon gave her a half-smirk.

"You heard me, I do feel terrible because I never got your name," She said.

"Tabbi Sims." She answered and went back to looking through her magazine.