Chapter 44: End Game Part 10

Avalon stood in the middle of the battlefield taking out creatures as she tried to keep an eye on her friends. Thanos wasn't far away from her. She had the chance to take him on and she was ready to do it. It took all these years for her to have this opportunity. She wasn't going to let it slip away. She's let that happen too many times before. He had been fighting side by side with the "children" that he had adopted.

"Where's Nebula?" He asked.

Corvus Glaive stabbed a person behind him, "She's not responding."

"That's because she's dead," Avalon said with neon blue eyes. "well, the version you know of her. You should keep track of your toys better. Put them back in the box when you're done."

"Back again, Stark?" He questioned her. "You just can't stay away, can you? But then again, we are loyal to those who create us."

"Are you insinuating that you are a god? A titan, yes. A God, no." She laughed, wanting to use his words against him. "Arrogant and naive, bold of you to assume that I let you out of my sight."

Noticing Avalon was distracted with Thanos, Ebony Maw located where the gauntlet was. He called out for Thanos and pointed in Clint's direction. She knew that she couldn't let them near the gauntlet. They couldn't have this happen again. They already went through too much only for Thanos to redo what they had undone his causing.

Trying to make a run for it, Avalon was soon blocked in the middle of Thanos, Corvus Glaive, and Ebony Maw. She had nowhere she could escape. She huffed in annoyance, snapping her head at Maw. Anyone could jump in to save her, but she was not a priority at the moment. She didn't need to be saved.

The Goddess wore a smirk on her face as she realized Thanos was still losing. She tilted her head at them as she sent a wave of energy at them. Wrapping around their throats, holding them still. The Avengers had much better things to worry about than her well-being. She's been doing fine these past few years without guidance from the people that use to help her.

Releasing her magic, Avalon turned away from Corvus Glaive. Her main focus was keeping an eye on who had the gauntlet. She could tell that Thanos was ready to take a swing at her. She crossed her arms, using her powers to create a shield around her. Ebony Maw used his magic to form rocks around the girl so she was blocked in even more. She felt her own shield crushing against her.

"Coward." She hissed at the Titan with a laugh in her throat.

Thanos leaned down to listen to her, "What did you say?"

"I called you a coward." She chuckled. "You can't even fight your own battles. You have to have your precious children fight it for you. You surround yourself with smaller beings to make yourself larger."

T'Challa now had the gauntlet.

"No one fights my battles for me. They choose to do it for themselves." He frowned, twirling his sword. "You would've been a beautiful assist. Strong and powerful with the right guidance."

"The right guidance? Call them off, I offer the idea of you and I go one-on-one. Let me show you what I can do." Her eyes had a rainbow of colors moving throughout them, making sure to threaten him. "I mean, after all, you wanted me dead for a reason. Even went the route of having my own mother murdered to prevent my birth, but here I stand."

"I've heard of the prophecy of the universe choosing its host. I knew that it would be someone strong. Someone who could control the worlds, make them do as the host wants, and even become the Destroyer of Worlds. Instead, you would rather defend and bend your knee. You do this for them! They aren't grateful, worthy of you." He said, with anger, looking around the battlefield at those Avalon loved. "I could've made you better than who you are. You could've been fearless and strong."